• 𝐗 •

Elide went out of my office without looking back, I was tempted to run after her and stop her, but I didn't

After all her reaction was understandable, this was way more important for her than it was for any of us.

I sough looking for some moments at the door to then went back at looking at my daughter.

"Dad, you need to believe me, I know is going to be hard for her but I will prove her, I won't backstab you guys. "

"Tiffany..."

"Dad please"

"I trust you" I said squeezing her hand.

"But she doesn't"

"Try to understand her, the way you were behaving at lunch, the fact you didn't tell her everything and you know so much but she doesn't know enough,  she can't trust someone that acts like that"

"But you do?"

"Tiffany, I know everything, I know why-"

"Yes, yes, I get it"

"But this is not the point, the point is that I want her to trust me."

"Maybe next time don't hide valuable information from her and don't give her a smug smile every time you talk to her" she looked at me for some seconds and then nodded slowly.

"How did you discover so much?

"I have my ways " she said shrugging.

"You see Tiffany... 'I have my ways' isn't enough of an explanation this is exactly why Elide don't trust you"

"Well is true I have my ways!"

"Okay then, if you don't  have anything else to say I have some work to do, Tiffany could you please leave?" I asked glancing at my computer.

"Fine" she said getting up from the chair finally leaving my office.

Trying to ignore what I did with Elide and the conversation I had with Tiffany I started working for some hours until I was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"It's open." I said not giving attention to the person that entered my office.

"I'm a little bus-"

"Dad." I looked up to see Andrew, standing in the center of my office with a smile on his face.

"What do you want?"

"Dad, dad, dad" he repeatedly said shaking his head.

"Andrew I'm busy if you don't have anything to say please leave my office"

"You are still pissed, aren't you?" A grin plastered on his face but any glimmer of grief or regret could be perceived on his expression.

"Pissed?" I scoffed shaking my head, I ignored him and started working again.