• 𝐗𝐗𝐈 •

ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ sᴇx ɪs sᴏ ʜᴏᴛ ᴛʙʜ :)

ɪ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ʏᴀʟʟ ᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ! ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ.

Work, work, work. This was what I had been doing for the past weeks, trying desperately to get her out of my mind. I hoped for a call from her for twenty days. I was miserable.

Elide was stuck in my head and in no way I could remove her from there, sighing. I got up from my office chair; it was 1 am, and I needed to get home.

With both my ex-wife and my son behind the bars and my daughter far away, I decided that the most intelligent choice was to move away. My new apartment wasn't exactly small, but outside of some security and a cleaner that came every twice a week there was just me and it felt better that way.

I exited my office and walked to my car. Days without her were the same, yet so exhausting it felt like an endless loop of an everlasting sense of emptiness, and I felt so stupid for feeling that way.

I had found her and lost so quickly; it felt like a torture, but she deserved some space. I was no one to disrespect the bounders she had set between us, and just for selfish reasons.

She was young and now that my stupid son was out of the picture, her future was going to be bright.

After forty minutes of driving, I stopped the car knowing I've reached my destination and made my way through my apartment, falling effortlessly on the couch.

Throwing my head back, I looked blankly at the light gray walls; I was trying to not think and failed miserably.

The quietness I've been in for the past ten minutes broke when my phone started ringing. Night calls annoyed the hell out of me, but I decided to reply anyway.

"Hello?" I said, waiting for an answer.

"Hi Damien," a soft voice I knew too damn well spoke through the phone. There was no more in my eyes and a smile tugged my lips... finally.

"Elide," I said in a low voice, as if I was making sure that was really here.

"How are things going?" she asked, and I could tell she was nervous.

"Everythings is well, what about you?"

"They couldn't be better," she said with a sad chuckle.

"Elide if you need to talk I'm here, I know things are weird between us but we could still try to be friends..." hell I didn't want her to be my friend but if that's what she wanted I would let it be enough, I was completely whipped.

"You know well this is not what I want. '' an uncomfortable silence followed after she said that. I wanted to ask her what was it that she wanted, but I stayed quiet, not wanting to make things even more perilous between us.

"My brother wants to kill you," she snorted, as if that was just some dumb confession.

"And why's that?" I asked with a frown.

"Let's just say he doesn't exactly like the fact that I've been sleeping with a forty years old man"

That made me realise that we never truly explored the topic of our age difference. I never knew how she actually felt about it.

"Can I ask you something?" I began ", Does it bother you?"

"What?"

"That I'm old enough to be your father"