• 𝐗𝐈𝐗 •

TW: mention of suicide. (Kinda descriptive) please skip the chapter if you are sensitive <3

(BTW I changed the description that Damien gave of Elide in the 4th chapter I think since some people were uncomfortable with him saying chocolate brown eyes while referring to a black woman, I apologise for that, didn’t mean to make anyone uncomfortable hope the new description is better!)

The more I distanced myself from that hospital the more I wanted to just go back there and ask her to start over with me, but I couldn’t, it was clear that she wanted a new beginning without me, and I couldn’t blame her.

Our relationship, if what we had could be called that, was never going to last anyway, I was too old for her, I was Andrew's father, and I was married. I was well aware of that,  but I wanted her more than I wanted to admit, physically and mentally.

Soon I was going to be a divorced man, in my head I was already one, but on paper, I wasn’t and in this case, what mattered was paper.

I wanted to be selfish, if only she asked to leave with me I would’ve said yes, I wanted to ask her that but I simply couldn't. 

She probably didn’t view what we had as an actual relationship, and it would be fully understandable, but I still wanted it to be, and still hoped she viewed what we had as that.

The arrest of Andrew and his mother would soon be public but I assured that Elide and I would be safe, if my  the affair with me and Elide would come out, she would be the one most affected by the scandal, the stamp loves to blow out of proportion situations and they could easily use it as a justification of Andrew actions, portraying him as the victim and I couldn’t let that happen, the less they knew the more Elide was safe, and there wasn’t going to know much.

The only issue I had to face now was Tiffany. Elide was right to not trust her but after reading that letter I couldn’t really blame her actions much, she was forced to do it.

She chose to be selfish, and for how much I was upset I couldn't blame her.

Looking straight at the road I raised the speed, needed to make Tiffany and Tom were alright. 

I don’t blame Tiffany,I would’ve done the same thing. I blame myself, I shouldn’t have started an affair with Elide in the first place, the only thing I needed to do was discreetly help her without involving anyone.

 The big habitations that came to view started living space to beautiful ocean and frizzy air of the familiar beach. The sun was going to go down in a couple hours .

I smiled to myself eyeing my beautiful private beach. It was filled with happy memories of back  when everything was allegedly perfect.

A sigh escaped from my mouth, there was no use of thinking of something that was never real.