• 𝐕 •

"Are you okay?" I asked seeing the look on his face

He handed me the phone and nodded in silence, he looked upset by what he saw... were my buried so disgusting?

"If you say so" I said grabbing the phone and putting everything back to its original place.

"He will go to jail" he said with a convinced tone

"I... I hope so" I sighed sitting down on the bed,  I was tired of my situation I was done with hiding, with letting him do whatever he wanted and of the lack of respect, I was so damn tired of him.

Damien walked in my direction sitting next to me, he had a rigid posture he didn't seem really comfortable but I couldn't blame him.

"Elide it must have been terrible living with ... my son" the last part of his sentence escaped  his mouth as of it was a shameful and disgusting thing to say.

And it was, the thought that the child he has raised teaching him respect and love could have been such a violent and cruel monster,  would've been upsetting for many people.

"It wasn't easy" I said lowly.

"I'm  sorry" he said grabbing with both of his hands my left one starting to caress it.

I met this man just Yesterday, he wasn't touching me inappropriately nor trying to be malicious, he was just trying to reassure me, yet his touch was giving me a way different feeling from calmness.

That made me understand that I was attracted to him, but one: he was married, two: I was in a relationship three: he was the father of Andrew four: he was probably really in love with his wife and didn't feel anything for me.

I pinched my legs together trying to control the extremely unnecessary and indecent feeling that his touch made me feel.

"I think you should go now, your wife is probably waiting for you"

"Yeah...my wife"he said and got up from the bed sighing.

"Good night " he mumbled before leaving my room.

The next morning came quickly, I cleaned myself and put on a light blue floral dress, I covered the bruises on my leg with concealer and foundation and went down in the kitchen to see Tom having breakfast with Tiffany and her mother.

"Good morning " I said looking around for Andrew.

"Good morning, if is Andrew you are searching for he's not here, he left some minutes ago" Monique said and I nodded.

"You know where he went?" I asked and she shook her head.

"He only said he had some business to take care of"

"Okay then."

"Are you having breakfast with us?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sure"

"Good morning" the deep voice of Damien caught my attention, Monica's joyous expression faded, they sat down next to each other with a straight face.

They looked awkward and uncomfortable which was really sad,  the tension could be chopped with a knife.

He ate his breakfast quickly and got up for his chair to disappear upstairs.

"If you need me I'm in my office" he shouted climbing the stairs, Monique ignored him and kept eating her food.

I finished my breakfast and went upstairs to my room, staying here was boring, I spent half of the day in my room until I finally decided to go out and do a little tour of the house.

The mansion was big and eventually, I got lost.

"I told you, everything is fine, no one knows" I heard the voice of Monique.

The door where the noise was coming from wasn't well closed and everything she was doing could've been seen, that door wasn't purposely open meaning that every little movement could have caught her attention, and seeing me literally spaying her wasn't going to end well and I didn't want to take any risk.

"Don't worry your father doesn't know anything" before leaving that place I heard that sentence and suddenly things started seeming more clear.

That woman couldn't be trusted, she was talking to Andrew and she was probably protecting him.

I quickly left that place searching for my room, it's funny how the sweetest are the most sneaky and vicious people.  I noticed Damien's office and I entered inside without knocking.

"Monique, how many times do I have to tell you? K-" he cut himself off seeing I wasn't her.

"Is there something wrong? " he removed the glasses he was wearing and looked intensely at me.

"Last time you told me your wife didn't know anything about the whole Andrew situation. "

"She doesn't " he replied with a convinced tone

"Are you sure about that?" I asked and he nodded firmly.

"What are you trying-"

"I heard her speak to Andrew she said something about how he shouldn't worry because you don't know nor suspect a thing "

"Is not possible" he said and I shook my head in dissent, I came closer to him.

"Taking things for granted could ruin you, your wife probably knows and she helped his son." I said

"But- "

"Is Andrew blackmailing you?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, he's not"

"Then why  didn't you told her?"

"Because I knew she would've tried to help him, she loves him so much I know she wouldn't have done the right thing! " he whispered yelled.

He was frustrated and probably rated his wife now, I will never understand the tendency of humans of doing things that are morally wrong and immoral without feeling remorse, maybe is because I was also a human and I wasn't innocent either. Often wrong feels so right.

"So what exactly are you going to do now?" He got up from the chair and came closer to me, our faces were almost touching and I felt myself meeting user his stare.

"She doesn't know we know, right?  As you said taking things for granted is what is going to ruin them, just let them be sure of it, they are both going down" he spoke calmly.

Here the double update  I really hope you people liked it because I wasn't so satisfied with it.