chapter 10

chapter notes: oh.my.gosh. THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT HOLY CRAP- 3K READS?!?!?! CRAZY!!!! thank you all so much. i love you guys. <3

"Oh no. I really just told him I need to see him. What the hell am I gonna do now?" Dream said to himself.

He got up and started pacing around his room. Tubbo and his conversation had ended by Tubbo saying 'Oh'. How the hell was Dream supposed to come back from that? He sat down, trying to calm himself. He needed to tell Tubbo eventually. It has to be soon. After that last conversation, Dream was sure things would be weird.

He called George and Sapnap on Discord to help calm his nerves.

George answered immediately while Sapnap took his sweet time and came in a few minutes later.

"What's up, Clay?" George asked.

He filled them in on everything. Once he started talking, everything came out. He told them about his dad leaving his mom and coming here, how Tubbo is his brother, how he screwed everything up and hadn't told him, and how he almost told him. Today. An hour ago. H talked and talked for a good 10 minutes.

"Woah, woah, slow down Clay." Sapnap interrupted. "So you're telling us that Tubbo is your brother and you haven't told him but you almost did today on Instagram?"

"Yeah. Pretty much."

"Holy shit Clay. Why haven't you told us?" George asked. "Or him? I mean, you're gonna tell him, right?"

Dream was quiet. He had hundreds of thoughts going through his mind. What would Tubbo think? Would he be mad? Would he be happy? These same questions ran through his head over and over again.

George interrupted his thoughts. "Clay! Dude, stop zoning out! This is important." 

"Uh, yeah. I'm gonna tell him. I don't know when. Or how. But I'm gonna tell him." Dream said.

George and Sapnap kept asking him questions about how it all happened. Dream answered the questions. But his mind was on another topic. 

He couldn't help but think about how maybe Dream was ruining Tubbo's life. He was only 16. He had this idea of how life was supposed to be. And soon, Dream would tell him something that would flip his world upside down.

"When did he make you leave?" Sapnap asked.

This question drew in Dream's full attention.

"When he was 5. I was 10." Dream answered. "He just left. He said that he would 'take me' and leave the other boy. We went to Florida. My dad got with some lady he met at his new job. He had {dristas name} 2 years later." Dream sighed. "It felt like he left them and never looked back. He completely moved on. It was like he forgot about Toby. That's why I left the minute I could afford to have my own place." Dream stumbled over his own words. "That's why I never came back."

The call fell silent. Dream could hear George and Sapnap try to respond. After a few minutes someone responded.

"Oh." It was George's voice. "Well, I think you should tell him. He deserves to know."

Dream's face fell. "I knew you would say that."

Sapnap also reassured him that he should tell Tubbo. Dream groaned and slid down in his chair.

"Fine. But I need to do it soon. I need to get it over with. Like peeling off a band-aid. But how can I tell him? He lives so far away." Dream asked. "And before you ask, yes. It has to be in person."

Sapnap started to say something. Dream cut him off.

"Yes. I know I just told you guys over Discord but he's different."

Sapnap stopped mid-sentence.

The three of them spent the next hour thinking of ways to tell Tubbo that he and Dream were brothers. And there was no easy way.

"What if you just said "Hey Toby we're brothers.'" George threw out. "You know, quick and easy."

Sapnap laughed. "You're not serious, right?"

The three laughed and discussed more ideas on how to tell Tubbo. They thought of every possible way to tell him. They all involved seeing him.

A crazy idea popped into Dream's head. He went to another tab without thinking it through.

"Clay what are you doing?" George asked.

He typed in what he was looking for. He pressed a few buttons. He clicked back to the Discord tab.

"George."

"Yes?"

The realization set in.

"I'm coming to your house in 2 weeks. And I'm going to tell Tubbo then."

chapter notes: FOR THOSE WHO SAW 2 MONTHS I MEANT 2 WEEKS AND NOW AM CHANGING IT CAUSE I MEANT 2 WEEKS IN THE FIRST PLACE