chapter 1

chapter notes:  these chapters will also be very short compared to some other fanfics!!! this story is NOT meant to ship any ccs. This chapter helps you gain a better and deeper understanding of Tommy and Tubbo's friendship and I just don't want anyone to think I am shipping them because I certainly am not. 

"Tubbo?" "Hello?" Tommy said. 

Tubbo's eyes snapped open. He'd been doing it again. "Hey what's been up with you lately?" Tommy asked. "It's like you're here but you're not." "Sorry." Tubbo sheepishly replied. "I haven't been sleeping well" 

He just lied. It left a disgusting taste in his mouth. How could he lie to his best friend? And so easily? He knew Tommy could tell it was a lie. That made him feel even worse. Their eyes met. 

"Hey, uh, can we get out of here?" "Yes." Tubbo said.

They walked in silence until they got to Tommy's car. "Tubbo, I know that's not why you zoned out today." "And I know you've been zoning out a lot recently." 

Tubbo felt his stomach flutter though he didn't know why, he knew this was coming. "Can we go to our spot, please? I'd feel better talking there." Tommy gave him a weird expression until he saw Tubbo was serious. His expression softened along with his tone. "Yeah, of course big man." That made Tubbo smile. 

Tommy was great at cheering people up. He may act all funny and serious on stream, but he's great at making people feel welcome, and happy.

As they drove down the highway, Tommy kept nervously looking over at Tubbo. 

The tension was too much. Tubbo grabbed the aux cord without asking, he knew it would surprise Tommy because he never asked to have it. Tubbo scrolled through his playlist looking for the song. He finally found it and pressed 'play'. 

The song 'I'm in love with an E-girl' by Wilbur Soot started playing.

Tommy pauses for a moment and looks over at Tubbo and slowly says "Are you really playing WILBURS MUSIC RIGHT NOW?!" Tubbo can't help but to burst out laughing. He knew this would calm the tension.  

"We're here." Tommy said a little too quietly. That flutter came back to his stomach.

Once they were both settled in on their classic picnic blanket, Tommy and Tubbo both let out a sigh.

"Do you remember when we first met Tubbo?" Tommy asked. 

"Uh duh. It was right over there." Tubbo pointed a couple hundred feet ahead of them. "Yeah. Right there." Tommy smiled. "Y'know Tubbo, from the moment I met you, I could tell you were going to be my best friend. I knew I could trust you with anything." "And to think, there could be another universe where we don't know each other is crazy. That world must suck." Tommy paused so Tubbo assumed it was his turn to reply. 

"Yeah, they're probably boring." Tommy and Tubbo shared a laugh.

 "Tubbo, my point was that I can trust you. And I really hope you can trust me." "Tommy, you know I trust you." Tubbo said, a little hurt that Tommy really thought he wasn't trustworthy enough. 

"This is just a really personal family thing. No one knows. I don't even think my mom knows that I know." Tommy replied with a simple "Oh". "Yeah it's kind of a long story." "We have time." Tommy said back, his voiced filled with confusion.

end of chapter notes: yes im sorry this is a very short chapter!! i will try to post another in a few days! dm me on my socials if you have any questions or recomendations!

tiktok: .julesgrey

instagram: juliaoutlaw_