chapter 18

notes: i literally forgot about the first like 6 chapters omg theyre so bad- im sorry that you had to see those unorganized chapters. ALSO!!! i mentioned this in a comment, but some people might not see it so i'll say it here; some people have dmed me asking if they can make art for this story, AND OFC U CAN!!!! just credit me:))))) (i dont have twitter so ill only see it in insta or tiktok!)

Dream had tears running down his face the whole way back to George's house.

Once the pair got home, George tried to comfort Dream.

"Clay-" He was cut off by Dream pulling him into a hug.

Dream thought on instinct. He wrapped his arms around him and cried. George paused for a moment, but quickly hugged Dream back. The sound of Dream crying pained George.

"Hey, hey. It's okay." George trying his best to comfort him. "Tell me what happened."

Dream pulled away and sat down on the couch. "I-I don't know if I can say it without breaking down. It was worse than I thought." 

George left the room for a moment. He returned with a box of tissues. "It's okay."

Dream looked up at George. Dream thought he didn't deserve someone like him. Someone so caring, and willing to help.

"Tell me when you're ready." George said with a smile. "Don't rush yourself."

The two sat in silence for a moment. Dream wiped his eyes with the tissues George brought and calmed himself down.

"I'm ready." Dream croaked.

George nodded and got comfortable in his portion of the couch.

"I didn't do much talking," Dream sniffled. "He told me stuff that I had been thinking about myself. He was so honest it took me by surprise. Then I apologized and told him that I didn't want to lose him."

"Then what?" George asked.

"Then, he said I already did." Dreams eyes filled with tears again. 

He hated crying. It made him feel like he was useless. He was always the one helping people, he didn't like being the one who needed help. George knew this.

"It's okay, Clay. You can cry. George told him.

Dream let the tears fall. He didn't sob, but he felt like it. George sat with him and let him cry. He put his arm around him and rested his head on Dream's shoulder. They stayed there for a few minutes. During those minutes, George kept telling him it would be okay, and that Tubbo would come around. Dream doubted it.

George got up to go get them some food. "Do you wanna come?" he asked.

"No, I need to shower. But thanks." Dream replied.

"Okay. Just send me your order." George grabbed his keys and left.

The second he was gone, Dream's shoulders dropped. He took a few deep breaths and slowly got up. He walked over to his room and bathroom. He grabbed his bathroom supplies and got into the shower. He sent his order to George then opened Spotify. Dream tried to distract himself with a new playlist. All he could focus on was the last thing Tubbo said to him. His voice rang in Dream's ears.

 'You know that part where you said you couldn't lose me forever? Well, you just did.'

Dream's heart ached. He couldn't think straight. He had lost someone he just found.

He finished his shower quickly. He thought a shower would help when really, it made things worse. Dream got into his bed and grabbed his phone. He had 3 new messages from Tommy.

'im with tubbo.'

'i think you guys need some sort of relationship. and like this, it wont happen.'

'im getting him to forgive you.'

Dream sat up in bed. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the messages again. He thought maybe he read them wrong. Nope. He read them right. A huge weight was lifted off of Dream's shoulders.

'tommy, i owe you one.' Dream sent.

George got back home with the food a few moments later.

"Dude, Tommy is amazing! He's with Tubbo right now getting him to forgive me." Dream told George.

"That's great! Heres your food by the way." George handed him his burger.

Dream ate his food quickly. 

"Want some fries?" George asked. "I have some and I'm not gonna finish them."

Dream looked up and grabbed the fries. "Thanks, man."

George smiled and walked over to the tv. He put on some show that Dream had never seen or heard of. The boys got up and went to sit on the couch. George made sure to tell Dream multiple times to be careful with the ketchup. After one episode, Dream was hooked to this show. The two watched late into the night.

"The finale..." George said.

"Bet you 100 dollars my prediction is right. He 100% did it." He told George.

George responded with a scoff. "Suuuuureee" 

They watched the episode in what felt like minutes. Realistically it was an hour.

"I knew it!" George yelled. "Told you he was innocent! Suck it green boy!"

They both burst out laughing. In between laughs Dream managed to get out a few words, "Really? Green boy?"

George nodded and started laughing even harder. After they had cooled down, Dream and George got up and decided to get some sleep.

"Night!" George said cheerfully, and walked into his room.

Dream had almost forgotten about what had happened a few hours prior. Almost.

His mood dropped. Dream crawled into bed and tried to get some sleep. 

He fell asleep thinking about Tubbo, and how he had screwed up with him.