chapter 12

chapter notes: why is my story getting so big ahhhhh! ty guys sm for the reads..<3

Dream stared into his closet, trying to pack. He was nervous. And excited. And nervous again. He couldn't believe he actually bought plane tickets. In the middle of a pandemic.

"I have to get tested. Aw shit I forgot about getting tested!" Dream thought aloud.

He left to England in 5 days. He had to get tested in 4 so he could still go. He checked all of the available days to test. Almost nowhere was available. Dream found some sketchy place that offered testing. Dream sighed and put in the directions to this place. 14 minutes away.

Once he got an appointment set up, he went back to his closet.

Dream had picked out 3 outfits. He needed 4 more. George convinced him to stay longer than a weekend, like he was planning on. George told him he should stay a whole week, he said it would be good to spend more time with Tubbo. Dream hated to admit it, but George was right.

He couldn't just say something as heavy as 'You're my brother' and then just leave. He couldn't be like his dad.

For the past 9 days, Dream had been worrying about what to say to Tubbo when he saw him. I mean sure, they came up with a few things, but Dream knew that he would forget and ramble on and on.

These thought swam around his brain for a while, and for a minute, Dream forgot he was supposed to be packing.

Dream paced around his room and randomly grabbed some clothes and put them in his suitcase. He told himself to not worrying about fashion.

He walked over to his desk. Dream sighed and messaged Tubbo on Discord.

'hey, sorry for being so weird the other day'

'i hope i didnt freak you out or anything'

'i get it if youre upset but dont worry, its nothing too bad.'

'i get it if youre mad, just know im sorry.'

Dream actually get why he would be mad, but he thought it might make him feel better. He waited and waited for a response. Nothing. He waited a few more minutes.

Still nothing.

Dream slouched in his chair. He thought about all of the possible reasons that Tubbo wouldn't be answering him. No solution seemed right. He checked his phone and looked up 'time in england'.

5 pm.

There was no reason that he shouldn't be answering. Dream tried to convince himself that maybe he was busy, or with his family. But he saw that he went live 9 minutes ago. Dreams stomach sank to the floor. Tubbo was ignoring him.

Dream checked Discord. George and Sapnap were on, playing Among Us. Sapnap had just started to stream, so Dream knew it would be a while until they could talk. Dream aimlessly looked around his room for something to do until his friends were available. 

He found a book to read. Dream scoffed when he realized what book it was.

The Notebook.

Dream opened the book and read.

Around 2 hours later, Dream woke up suddenly. He got a notification from Discord.

"dreeeaaammmm helloooooo" and "we've been trying to call you for hours pleaseeee pick upppp" were the most recent messages. The other 15 or so were them just asking where he was or why he wasn't answering.

"hey, im here. sorry i was reading and fell asleep" Dream sent.

"READING?!?!?!" Sapnap replied. "i didnt know u could read."

Dream rolled his eyes and replied with a "k."

That got both George and Sapnap riled up. They hated when Dream answered shortly, and he knew this. Dream lets them keep yelling at him for a few minutes until he got serious.

"5 days." He sent.

Sapnap and George stopped typing.

George was the first to break the silence. "so are you saying i need to clean my house?"

"maybe. but im also saying that i have to tell tubbo im his brother in 5 days."

"well shit, just point out the obvious" Sapnap sent.

Dream couldn't help but laugh. Sapnap always knew how to brighten the mood, and he was thankful for that. 

Dream told them how he had been feeling, that he was scared. They tried to comfort him as best as they could but it didn't take away his nerves. During the conversation, Dream had started to get tired.

"im getting tired, ill sleep this over and get back to you later" He sent. Dream turned off his computer and rolled into bed.

He sighed and closed his eyes.