chapter 2

chapter notes: this chapter is dreams third person view!! sorry for the little cliffhanger last chapter... even though we all know what tubbos secret is haha.  also again, NOT SHIPPING ANYONE IN THIS STORY!!! enjoy!!

Dreams eyes slowly start to open as the hot, Florida sun rises. He can feel the heat through the blinds. 

When Dream looks over the picture, or half picture, is still there.

Just like always. 

The half picture is a picture of his face. The other half was missing, but Dream knew who it belonged to. 

Recently, things are different. He feels that dark cloud of his younger brother looming over him more than the usual.

His brother was so close but so far away. 

The 'what if' and 'why' questions constantly popped up in his head. "What if Dad didn't leave?" "Why did he only take me?" "Why didn't he take both of us or neither of us?" "How different would life be if Tubbo and I were raised together?" 

These thoughts were always looming in the back of his mind but now that he could have his brother back with a few button clicks, they were always there.

Dream went through his daily routine, half asleep. He made breakfast, played with his cat, wondering what him and Tubbo would have been doing right now if they had grown up together, you know, the usual. 

His phone buzzed and he looked over at it. 

It was a message from George.

 'hey we're streaming early today. wanna join?' 

he replied with a 

'sure' and a 'whos gonna be on?' 

George responded with 'tommy, tubbo, wilbur and us. hurry we're playing among us and the children dont wanna keep waiting lol' 

Dreams stomach dropped when he saw Tubbo's name. 

He knew he would have to lie again. To his own brother. 

He typed a quick "coming" and joined the server. 

They played a few quick rounds. Tommy was yelling, as usual. George and Dream once got imposters together, that round was too chaotic they got caught within a minute.

Dream was thankful for a distraction even though the thing he needed a distraction from was in his headset, in his ear.

After a few rounds, Dream decided to go. 

He needed a break. 

He got on his phone to see what everyone else was doing. 

After a few hours of scrolling, he saw tommyinnit's face on his screen. He clicked on his profile and saw 3 new videos. 

The first was a video of Tommy and Tubbo eating at some bar. They ate their favorite foods.

Pizza and ribs.

Sometimes Dream wondered how they get along? They're so different.

The second video was a video of Tommy taken by Tubbo of them listening to Wilburs song. Dream knew that Tommy didn't take that well. He chuckled a little.

The third video was a video of them with sunglasses on bopping their heads to some old 80's song. They both had a hand out of their window.

Dream checked the comments on that video. They were mostly comments about how it looks weird to have the driver on the other side. 

Some comments were about the song and others about the glasses.

But all that mattered to him was that he was happy.

Tubbo never knew Dream. At least not enough to remember him. But Dream surely remembered Tubbo.

He was the happiest kid. He would go out and make friends with anyone. Dream had always envied that quality of Tubbo's.

Then their Dad had to go screw everything up.

End of chapter notes: go dm me on here or on my socials if you have questions or recomendations!!