chapter 5

chapter notes: going to try to make this longer so thank you all for your patients and reading!!

Tubbo finally got the text from Tommy. "Hey I'm home now" 

Tubbo let out a sigh of relief. It had been two hours and their houses were only an hour away from each other. He thought something had happened. 

"Okay. I'm tired so I'm going to bed. Night." Tubbo replied. He then plugged in his phone and shut it off, hoping to not get distracted by anything else.

He pulled out the picture of him and his mystery brother.

 "Hey Toby can I come in?" His mom asked.

Tubbo put the picture away as fast as he could. "Sure!" He answered, trying not to sound upset. That didn't work.

"I know you miss him." Tubbo's heart dropped to his stomach. Did she know that he knew about his brother. How could she know that he missed someone he's never met?

"W-What?" He stuttered. 

"Toby, I know you miss tommy."

Tubbo felt as if the weight of the world had just been lifted from his chest. "Yeah, I miss him." 

"Well maybe you guys can see each other again soon. It's a pretty long drive but I think you guys can handle it."

"Mom, it's just an hour. Maybe we can hang out later this week?" He asked, hoping she would say yes.

"Doesn't he have school? And you do too. So maybe this weekend." That wasn't the answer he was hoping for. 

"Okay. Love you mum. Night."

 "Love you too."

his dream

Tubbo was in a big white room with only his bed in the dead center of the room. He got out of bed and walked to the door that somehow appeared in the middle of the room. He walked out onto a huge body of water. 'Wait. I'm walking on water. Omg I have to tell Tommy about this. I'm literally Jesus.' All of a sudden his house appeared in front of him. There were 3 people outside of his house. A boy who looked around 10, an older lady, his mom, and an older man, one he had never seen before.

'Christopher you can't just leave! We have two kids!' He heard his mom cry out.

'I'll take Clay. The other boy is scared of me.' The old man, Christopher, said.

'I wonder why..' His mother said. The older man walked towards her. 'Stay away from me.' His mom warned. He listened shockingly.

'Clay? That's dreams name.' As soon as he thought about that the older boy looked up at him. 

'Toby go inside. We can play cards later.' Clay said.

Tubbo tried to go inside. He didn't want to watch this. But the more he tried to move farther, the farther away he got. He tried running. It didn't work. he kept running and running but it didn't work. His heart raced faster and faster as he was trying to get to his brother. 'My brother. I need to see my brother. I need to know what he looked like.

early the next morning

Tubbo sat up in his bed fast. His dream was getting a little too realistic. He was glad it ended.

He got out of bed and turned his phone on. The apple icon lit up his whole face.

This is when he realized how early in the morning it must've been. Once his phone turned on, the time popped up.

3:33 am

'How?' Tubbo thought to himself. 'That felt like it lasted a lifetime.'

Tubbo texted Tommy hoping he was still awake. Then he remembered what day it was.It was early morning Wednesday. Tommy had college today. So did Tubbo.

Tubbo tried and tried to fall back asleep but nothing worked. He finally went to the kitchen to make some tea. That usually makes him fall asleep.

He went on autopilot as he made the tea. When he was done he went back to his room and watched Tommy's new video while drinking the tea.

He felt himself slowly getting more tired. He plugged in his phone and but away his glass.

When he got back to his room, he fell down on the bed and instantly fell asleep.

later that morning

"Toby! Get up!" Lani called from the kitchen.

Tubbo crawled out of bed, not thinking about his dream that night.

Then it hit him.

He groaned and called back "I'll be there in a few minutes." He checked his phone. The time was 7:48. He had 12 minutes to get ready. They had to leave at 8 to get to his school at 8:30.

Tubbo got dressed fast. He grabbed a mask and went to grab a quick breakfast. He made himself a bagel with cream cheese. 

As he got in the car he realized he didn't have his phone. He went back to get in. When he got back in the car his mom looked at his weirdly.

'"Did you forget your phone? You always have that thing attached to you."

"Yeah I forgot it but I'm just glad I remembered before we got too far." He answered quickly, hoping she wouldn't ask how much sleep he got. 

Whenever anything out of line happens thats the only thing his mom asked. She tries to find a reason to take his phone at night. She thinks he's on it all night but Tubbo wishes she would realize he's almost never on it. 

He looked at his phone and saw 3 new messages from Tommy.

'i wasnt then but i am now'

'u good? that was sent late.'

'i have to go to class. ttyl big man'

The last one was sent only 3 minutes ago.

Tubbo replied and said. 'yeah im good, just a bad dream. text me when you get a break and ill do the same.'

He clicked his phone off and saw they were almost there. He told his mom to drop his off at the front. Once Tubbo was out of the car he got another notification. It was from Dream. 

'hey you okay? i saw you were on insta late last night just wanted to check up on you.'

Tubbo thought to himself. 'I wish he were my brother.'

He answered Dream and said 'yeah im good! thanks for checking in:)'

Tubbo put on his mask and went to class.

end of chapter notes: HIII guys! so i wanted to thank you guys for almost 80 read!!?!?!??! its crazy!!

dont forget to follow my tiktok: .julesgrey

Thank you guys sm <3