chapter 11

chapter notes: how the hell have a gotten 1k likes in a day- you guys are crazy. <3

Tubbo sat on his bed, fidgeting with his phone. It had been a week and 2 days since he had his talk with Dream. 

He had the same dream every night since then. It was the same thing everytime.

He was running, trying to reach his brother.

Tubbo ran many ideas through his head over the past week. He wanted to know what Dream had to tell him. He wondered if he would ever know. His thoughts were interrupted when his mom knocked on his door.

"Toby? Time for school. Get up, please!"

Tubbo checked his phone. The time was 7:30. He had been up all night thinking about this. He didn't want to sleep. He didn't want to dream again.

Tubbo got up and got ready. He slowly walked over to his computer. Tubbo checked his discord.

*2 new messages*

His stomach flipped inside out. He felt his hands get clammy and beads of sweat form on his hairline. Tubbo closed his eyes and clicked on the notification.

It was from Tommy.

'oh thank god' He thought to himself.

'Good luck on your test today man!' Tommy had sent. 'Text me after school'

'oh shit shit shit i have a test' He thought.

Tubbo rushed to his backpack and checked to make sure he had his notes. If he didn't do well, he would be failing this class. That would mean he's grounded for a week.

Tubbo quickly scanned over his notes as he went to the car. His mom had started it and was waiting, patiently.

The whole way to school he read over them, trying to memorize them.

"Bye, Toby! Good luck today!" His mom called.

"Thanks. Love you." Tubbo walked to his class.

after school

"I 100% failed that test" Tubbo sat down in his chair. He had just gotten home from school and decided to call Tommy.

"Well you don't know that! How many were you confident about?" Tommy asked.

"None. Absolutely none."

"Oh. Well then yeah. You probably failed." Tommy decided."How long would you be grounded for?"

"A week. I'll just have my phone taken. They can't take my computer. I don't know if I could stream though." Tubbo said.

"Oh, that sucks. I'm praying for your sake that you passed." Tommy said. 

"Yeah me too. I gotta go now though, I have homework." Tubbo told him.

"Okay, okay. Text me when you can!" Tommy hung up first.

Tubbo got out his work that he had for today. 

"Just a few sheets. That's fine." He thought aloud.

After an hour he had finished the work and was setting up his stream. He planned to stream just incase he couldn't for a week. Tubbo texted Tommy asking if he wanted to stream together.

'sure. one min' Tommy replied.

ding

Tubbo looked up and saw he had gotten a new email from his school. It was his grade.

Tubbo braced himself for a bad grade. He opened the email.

"Shit."

He failed the test.

'i failed the test. lets stream before my mom finds out.' Tubbo sent quickly.

Tommy and Tubbo streamed for an hour before the text came in.

'Bring your phone down after your stream.' His mom sent.

'aw shit.' He thought to himself.

The boys had already been streaming for a few minutes. He couldn't end it yet. He told Tommy what his mom said on discord. Tommy said they should stream for an hour, the usual time. So that's what they did.

The hour seemed to pass in a few minutes. Tubbo ended the stream and leaned back in his chair.

ding

This time it was a text from his mom.

"Phone. Now."

Tubbo's stomach filled with butterflies. He sighed and walked to his door as slow as he could. he walked down the stairs even slower. Once he got down, his parents were waiting at the kitchen table. His dad had a stern look that reminded Tubbo of someone he once knew. He couldn't quite place his finger on who, but the look made him uneasy.

"36%. Toby. Hand over your phone now." His dad said.

Tubbo's face fell. He hated disappointing his parents. He felt like he had to please them. 

"What the hell happened?" His mom asked.

Tubbo explained that he hadn't been sleeping well. He didn't go into detail but he explained he had some bad dreams. That seemed to make his parents a little more sympathetic.

"We're still taking your phone. But only until Wednesday, when you have to go back to school. Go back upstairs. And do not get on your computer. We'll check." His mom told him.

Tubbo went upstairs and sat on his bed. he was tempted to check discord and tell Tommy about his punishment, but he knew his parents would check. So he controlled himself. He heard a few dings go off but he didn't check them.

He looked around and tried to find something to do. It was like a prison in there. All he could do was....read. Tubbo rolled his eyes and picked out a book.

There were 4 more notifications from his Discord. He muted it so it wouldn't tease him.

Tubbo opened his book and started reading.