chapter three

"Come on, just give it up and go home." A large, very muscular man dared the tan woman whose hand he was clutching with great power. His sleeves were rolled up and a small gland of sweat peaked on his temples.

"What? Are you scared?" A low, intimidating voice released from the overly confident Korra.

Her short, clearly self cut hair was differently kept than how it usually was when she was at work. Now the pieces she could collect were tied back in a low ponytail, the rest swung from the sides of her head. She hadn't noticed Asami's presence yet, it would be hard to considering how focused she was and how many people were surrounding her and her opponent. 

She had Bolin and Opal standing on both sides of her, cheering her on along with a few other locals. Korra knew she would win, it's what she did and loved best. Arm wrestling was the easiest game in the book, and it made her chuckle at how self assured the big man was. 

Korra decided to have a little more fun with him. She changed her facial expression from a smirk to worry as her she let her hand lose grip, allowing the stranger to lower her arm in his advantage. Some people who were on her side began to shout in anger, thinking she was losing. People place bets on these silly games, they don't want to lose any money obviously. 

She felt Bolin's hand wrest on her shoulder. "What are you doing?!" He whispered anxiously in her ear. 

"What I always do, have fun!" Korra responded and a quick wink across the table.

The wink itself somehow managed to throw her opponent off a little bit. The woman's arm muscles flexed, nearly ripped through her tan skip, and she quickly slammed his entire arm down on the table. She pushed her chair back, throwing her arms in the air and spinning around in victory. A huge smile played out on her face while her friends and others congratulated her. Bolin sweeped her up in one of his famous bear hugs which made the friend group laugh. Once he put her down, Korra looked around to see different people wanting to challenge both her and the man who lost to her. She politely declined though, telling them she was here to spend time with her friends. 

"Okay, another round?" Opal suggested excitedly. They were already tipsy at the least, but Korra and Bolin agreed with nodding heads and started off for the main bar again. Once they made it, they managed to claim three bar stools next to each other. Bolin caught the attention of one of the baristas and she slowly walked over to them. 

"What can I get you?" She spoke lowly with a blank yet demanding appearance. It made Korra swoon a little bit. The woman didn't have a name tag for some reason, so they couldn't figure out what to call her. Plus it didn't seem like she was much of the "introduction" type.

"We'll all have the Jasmine this time." 

She sighed and nodded her head, turning around to grab two bottles off of a rack and create the special mix. Bolin stirred in his chair waiting for the drink, it was his favorite. As they waited, Opal mentioned how she really needed to use the bathroom. Bolin didn't want her to go completely alone, so Korra offered to stay and wait for their drinks. After only about a minute of tapping her fingers lightly on the bar, she felt a swift movement from her side. She whipped her head to her left quickly.

Her mouth nearly fell open. 

The CEO, the heir of the biggest company in the world, the raven haired woman sat in the bar stool right next to hers. She had a delighted look on her face. 

"Hey Korra!" 

"A- Asami?" Korra felt like her vision was going a bit blurry when she stuttered and carefully leaned her head in to make sure she was right. "Oh Asami!"