chapter eight

Asami did go over to Korra's apartment that Saturday evening at eight o'clock. She came over the following Tuesday as well, and the Thursday and the Friday. Basically any evening that Asami didn't have something extremely important to work on, she would visit her friend. Spending time together almost became a daily thing. 

Most of the time when Asami went over, Korra would still be working on her big project, and the heiress would often find herself either distracting Korra or helping her. Whatever the situation was, whether they sat in silence while Asami read and Korra worked, they were lost in another one of their long conversations, or they were just watching a movie together, the two women couldn't imagine spending their evenings elsewhere. 

However, the nights that Asami wasn't at Korra's, she was actually quite lonely. Before befriending her, she never noticed how quiet her workshop or apartment were. She grew bored and tired of the silence with herself too quickly. Sometimes she would call up the guys and ask if they wanted to come over, and they always did of course, so she appreciated that greatly.

But still, even when they were there with her, she still felt a piece of loneliness hanging on. 

Thankfully as of now, she didn't feel that.

"Hey, green eyes!" Korra had gotten quite comfortable with this nickname, and the engineer didn't mind one bit.

"Yeah?" She called out in response, without looking up from her book. 

"Do you know where I put Varrick's notes?" The tanned woman sped walk into the living room from the dining room, frantically moving around in a search. "I- I put them in a little pile, they're sticky notes, all different colors. Have you seen them?" 

Asami giggled to herself. "You left them on the kitchen counter."

"Oh, thanks!" She was about to take off until she heard Asami turning another page in her book. "What are you reading?" 

"A book, the same book I've been reading for the past three days." 

Korra didn't find this as much of an answer. So instead, she jumped over the couch from behind, landing not so gracefully on the cushions. The quick action made strands of her brown hair fall from out of her ponytail. Asami finally removed her eyes from the page to look at Korra. 

"Yeah, but what book? What's it about?" 

"Don't you have a project to work on?" Asami eyed Korra strangely, pointing a playful finger at her friend's face. Korra blinked at Asami's finger, then smacked it away. 

"But I like when you tell me things." She positioned herself to now be resting her head on Asami's lap, locking eyes with her from below. "Plus I need a break, anyways. Just explain to me what's so interesting about that thing." 

The CEO's face grew an undeniably bright shade of pink.

Why does she do this?

Thank god for Korra's obliviousness. 

"Please?" A wide grin pleaded with squinted eyes.

After seeing the crooked smile, she decided to tell the blue eyed woman about her book. She grew lost in the knowledge she had of her book. She was spilling out everything she knew, and Korra did nothing else but listen, but Asami didn't even notice. She was in the middle of explaining how the main character knew they didn't want to be a villain anymore when she was interrupted. 

"I love when you do that." Blue eyes gleamed with fascination, making the heiress a bit nervous. She stopped her arms from moving in the air to look down at the woman in her lap.