chapter fifteen

Four weeks since she last saw Asami. Four weeks since she was the most bottom she had ever been because of Asami. The image of the heiress on top of her, the feeling of her soft lips making marks on her neck, her hot hands practically creating burn marks on her skin; they were all very difficult things to forget or push to the side. And Korra didn't even want to forget, either. She dwelled on their moment like no other, hoping that it may have meant something to Asami like it meant to her. It fogged and then completely clouded her mind, making it a bit hard to focus on anything else. 

Korra figured that something may even follow after that, even after Opal's interruption. But it became clear that Asami wasn't on the same page as her, maybe not even the same book. She wanted to speak with her friend about the situation again, but knew she shouldn't. It's not like they accomplished much either the last time she tried. 

Well, other than gaining a very heated makeout session. 

But otherwise, Asami had kept to herself, avoiding Korra for an entire month. If she wanted to talk about it, she would. Korra wasn't going to go out of her way to pressure her into anything. If things were ever going to work out between them, in whatever way that Korra wanted, she would need to give Asami time. 

And she did. Now the older woman had finally reached out to her again. She was about to see her.

"We're here." The cab driver spoke up, breaking Korra from her thought process. She had almost forgotten where they were. 

"Oh, sorry." She began to reach into her jacket's pocket for the money she owed, but an idea came to mind before she could. "Wait, do you think you could take me somewhere else?"

The driver turned around in his seat to face her. He was an older man with a clear attitude, but Korra didn't care. He gave her a hard and bored glare. 

"Please, I'll just text my friend to come out now. She won't be long." 

"You know you have to pay me for waiting, right? I'm not a personal chauffeur." 

"Yeah of course." Korra pulled out her phone in a hurry and texted Asami, telling her to come outside dressed properly and ready to go somewhere. 

wait why

i thought we were having a movie night here

yeah but i have a better idea

trust me

JUST GET OUT HERENOW

THIS GUYIS CHARGING ME BY TTHE MIUNUTE

alright im putting my shoes on now

About three minutes later, a jogging, tall woman appeared through the large glass doors, making her way down the dark red carpet. Korra leaned her body over to open the cab's door for her. Asami climbed in, finally giving the southerner a chance to get a good look at her. She was dressed casually which was good for what Korra had planned. Her hair sat in a high, swinging ponytail. 

They made eye contact, and suddenly, Korra's heart rate picked up, but that wasn't anything new or surprising. If she was being honest, she truly did miss staring into those green eyes. They were absolutely captivating and addicting. A friendly smile creeped up on Asami's face which grabbed Korra's attention down to her lips.

"Hey." The engineer spoke.

"Hi." She was momentarily stunned, giving a deer in headlights impression. 

"Okay, where to now?" The cab driver started up the car again, peering at the two women in the back seat from the rear view mirror. "My shift is almost over."