Chapter 4

🦋Don't worry about what you can't control. Our focus and energy needs to be on the things we can control. Attitude, effort, focus – these are the things we can control.🦋

When you arrived at your place you received a message from Emma immediately. She sent you the address and what they were wearing.

"Oh! This place is fancy, fancy."

"Do I even have something nice enough to wear?" You walked into your room and looked in your closet looking around desperately trying to find something to wear.

You didn't want to show up looking a mess. You wanted to impress your coworkers so you wanted to look nice.

So you decided to go run to the store. Just a quick trip. There wasn't one too far away from your house so you weren't going to use your car.

You walked down on the sidewalk, passing by a couple of people on your way. You tried avoiding eye contact speeding your way into the store.

"Hello!" Someone said greeting you.

"Hello," you said back without looking at the person. You went straight to the female side looking for something at a reasonable price.

"This looks... cute?" You picked up the shirt in your hand looking at it. It was a graphic shirt. Something that you did not need.

"Excuse me? Do you need help ma'am?" Someone said making you turn to the female.

"Uhh yeah! Hey I know you," you said recognizing the familiar face. "You're my neighbor. Y know I was the girl who you saw the other day." You said sticking out your hand for her to shake.

"You're the girl who woke me up from slamming your doo," she said analyzing you.

You laughed nervously. "Oh, umm I'm sorry about that. I was in a rush for work," you said awkwardly. "I'm Y/n, and you?"

She grabs your hand gently and shakes it gently. "I'm Gilda. Nice meeting you, Y/n."

'She doesn't seem so bad,' you thought.

"Well yeah, I need help finding something for tonight. Something that looks nice but affordable and something for dinner," you said looking around.

She placed and hand on your shoulder before grabbing the shirt. "I don't think that this anime shirt is fit for a place to eat for dinner."

"Yeah... I know," you grimaced.

"Follow me." She began walking over to a section and gathered a couple of dresses and guided you to the dressing room. "Try these on," she handed them to you and placed a strand of her dark green hair behind her ear.

You took the clothes and went into the bathroom getting ready to try them.

You went through a couple of them. A couple of them looked nice, some didn't compliment your body at all even though they were pretty, and the rest was just ugly.

In your opinion that should be a fact.

"I like this one!" Gilda said pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose while smiling. "It's not too extra nor too basic. It's simple, yet seductive in a way."

You looked at the mirror and smiled. "This is nice."

It was a black dress with straps that stopped mid-thigh. You had on some black heels to match and moved around a little.

"It isn't too pricy, so that's a good thing," you mumbled only for you can here. You were planning on getting a new place in the future so you were trying to save much as possible. Plus, your bills needed to be paid by the end of this month.