Chapter 6

🦋I fight for my health every day in ways most people don't understand. I'm not lazy. I'm a warrior. 🦋

The woman picked up a couple of outfits and handed them to you. She was a snobby woman and she caught attitudes with you.

"I don't think you'd look good in this. Your body doesn't seem to fit this dress," she mumbled.

You look at her with a small frown on your face. You've been stuck with her for a while and she has done nothing but gave you backhanded 'compliments' or just insulted you. There were more insults than the backhanded 'compliments' though.

"And why do you think that?" You said crossing your arms. She turned around and looked at you with raised eyebrows.

"Oh dear, I'm not trying to be rude. You're a pretty girl."

You looked at her confused.

"But you're just not the ideal type."

Ray came walking in while you and the girl had a staredown. "Did you get all that you want?"

You looked away from the girl with a frown. "I don't think I need her anymore."

"Why?"

"Yes. Why is that ma'am?" She asked with raising her eyebrow placing her hand onto her hip.

You looked back at her and narrowed your eyebrows. "You can leave," you spat.

"What? No-"

"Leave," Ray said sternly.

The girl looked at him with an appalled look. "B-but sir! I was cooperating without a problem. She was being very difficult and very sensitive-"

Ray stood there frowning even more than he was. "Bring me your manager." He sticks his hands in his pockets and straightened up his posture, looking the woman in her eyes with cold eyes.

The aura felt tense and you no longer wanted to be apart of it. Long story short, Ray ended up speaking with the manager about the woman who was 'helping' you. What the manager decided, you had no idea. And you did not care.

But you did know that whatever her manager said got to her because she was quiet the whole time after she apologized for her rudeness and poor customer service.

One of the boys who worked at the store was ringing up all of the clothes, while the other placed them inside of the bag.

When the boy finished scanning everything he told you the price and your eyes widen so big you felt like it was going to fall out of your head.

"I-"

"Okay," Ray said stepping up to the scanning machine to swipe his card.

You looked at him in shock. You didn't want to cause a scene in the store but you were really worried and concern. That was a lot of money on just a small amount of clothing.

The receipt printed out on the other side of the counter and the blond boy ripped it off and gave it to you along with your clothes.

"The both of you have a nice day," the two boys said in unison.

You nodded your head silently, following behind Ray walking out of the building.

You hoped that he wasn't looking for anything in return. You couldn't afford this! This was more than your entire rent!

Well, you didn't want to be that dramatic. But it was a lot of money either way. That must be pocket change to him.

"H-hey!" You said trying to catch up to the taller man.