Chapter 20

🦋Take time for yourself. You deserve it.🦋

Pots and pan clanged against one another, the sounds echoing around in the kitchen bouncing off the walls and filling the house

Pots and pan clanged against one another, the sounds echoing around in the kitchen bouncing off the walls and filling the house. Giggles and chattering filled within the ruckus the both of you made inside of the room of the making.

"How much do I put in here?" You asked looking at Krone as you held up a bag of sugar.

"Use a teaspoon."

"And what time do I put this on?"

"Set it in the oven on 230."

"No, Y/n, you put the- let me do it," Krone said walking up towards you to grabbing the kitchen utensil out of your hand.

You laughed and shook your head.

Not long later the both of you were done with the cooking and baking and decided to grab a couple of plates from our of your pantry so you could fix yourself something to eat.

Krone fixed the plates and both of you walked towards your table and sat down. You dug your fork into your food, dragging it back and breaking apart the food so it would be small enough for your fork to hold.

You lifted your fork, getting ready to take a bite before Krone smacks your hand lightly.

"Grace first. Then we eat, Y/n."

You blushed slightly and nodded before placing down your fork on your plate with the piece of food still at the end of the four sharp pointy shards.

You clasped your hands along with her as she said a silent grace and opened her eyes and the both of you started eating.

Everything about the dish in front of you made your mouth water slightly. The aroma was so strong that you could smell it even if you were standing outside of your apartment and it would and does fills you with delight. The sauces and seasoning that you use, marinated and penetrated the food that it was leaking with the juices showing that it was nowhere near dry but was filled with flavor.

And the taste?

You're bout to find that out right now.

You bit into it and smiled softly. "Krone this is so good," you said looking up at her.

She looked back at you with a calm look and smiled back softly before laughing. "Thank you Y/n! I'm glad that you're enjoying it. I don't have to cook for anyone really except me and my husband. My daughter always eating junk food But I feel like I haven't seen my daughter in a while, you know? She's been hanging out with her friends, working, and going to school. She's growing up so fast." She said before digging into her food and taking another bite.