Chapter 23

🦋Be thankful for your life, and forgive everybody, including yourself. Little steps still progress, you are still going forward.🦋

It wasn't too long until you arrived at your apartment and were accompanied by your now close friend, Gilda.

She was on her day off and you invited her over to your home to speak with her on what happened earlier today on what led you to come home earlier than your regular schedule.

You've already washed up and thrown your dirty clothes along with the rest of them. You cleaned up your room and cleaned your kitchen trying to be more organized, clean, and tidy.

You were probably doing this just to ease your anxiety.

Yup, that's exactly why you're doing this.

But when you were done with everything you had to have Gilda come over and talk to her about the events. It was a must.

"So what happened, Y/n. Tell me everything," she said plopping herself lightly down onto your couch in your living room.

"I don't even know exactly where to start. Today was so crazy, Gildaaaa," you groaned.

You were dressed in your sleeping wear, which consisted of black and olive green plaid shorts, and a grey t-shirt. You walked bare feet on your cold tile floors because you felt more comfortable instead of having your feet sealed inside of the thick fabric during this type of weather.

"Cut on the heater, it's getting a little cold in here," Gilda mumbled while turning the television down so the both of you can get ready for discussion, or in other words, have your 'girl talk'.

"Really? It feels good to me. I like the cold," you said in surprise.

"Huh?" Gilda asked placing the remote down onto the coffee table before looking at you. "You do? Why you like the cold?" She asked brushing her hair back with her fingers.

"I don't know," you mumbled making your way towards the thermostat. "I find it comforting in a way. Like I would wear things that are comfortable to make me warm but I like for my surroundings to be cool, but not too cool. I don't like getting sick after all," you chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, nobody wants that."

"Before we get deep into everything, do you want something?" You asked your friend walking towards the kitchen's pantry.

"What do you have? I'll choose better that way."

"Umm," you hummed to yourself and went searching through your stash. "I got these!" You said holding up a couple of bags of chips and gestures for her to look inside.

Gilda leaned back slightly to get a better look and her eyes gleamed. "Can I have those please?" She asked with a small smile gracing her lips.

You opened a bag of your favorite chips, ate one, and grabbed a bag of powdered donuts that Gilda wanted.

"Yeah, no problem."

You tossed the bag toward her. She reached her hands out trying to catch it but failed in the end. The bag flew in her lap and she gasped before laughing. "Yeah, I'm horrible at catching things."