Chapter 34

🦋Be grateful at all times. Others have less than you.🦋

Ever since that day, that night... everything had changed.

The ambulance had shown up along with the police. They helped aid you down the stairs and treated your wounds while asking you questions.

Your head was throbbing and you felt like you couldn't keep yourself together from the large blow to the head. Lights from the vehicles in the parking lot flashed frequently around you, and many people were making their way towards you while asking you questions, it all made you dizzy and made you want to puke from the overwhelming feeling.

To add to it, the paparazzi and media showed up out of nowhere shoving cameras and microphones your way, trying to gather up all of the information that they could. They couldn't care less what happened to you, they just needed a story to publish onto the internet. The more information, the more the checks rolled in for their company to fill their pockets.

The man who attacks you earlier was beaten so badly that his face was bruised and was covered in blood.

Ray was quickly rushed to the hospital to treat his wound and you were sent there as well to examine your head to see if any damages were done to it.

You turned out to be okay, thankfully, and Ray's wound was patched up and he had got some blood from a blood donor who matched the same type as his.

But you haven't spoken to him in a while. It's been seven weeks now, it should only take him eight weeks to be healed, at least! It's the end of March.

He didn't leave you with any messages or anything! Nothing!

You'd understand if he was busy with everything that's going on right now but he could at least let you know that he was alright with everything. But instead, he left you up high and dry on the long end by yourself, standing there clueless. It made you worried.

And then there are the dreams that constantly come to you almost every night. Like a bacteria or a parasite feeding off of its host. Constantly biting away at your tissue, snagging on it as if it was a tasty treat that they can't get enough of.

That man.

Yeah.

Speaking of him. He... didn't make it.

Because of the powerful blows that Ray threw towards the man's head his head was filled up with blood, rushing inside of his head causing him to die from it. His brain was bleeding and he didn't make it fast enough in time to the hospital to get it treated.

You didn't know how to feel about it. Should you be happy at the fact that the man who tried to kill Ray and rape you died from the damage to the brain? Or should you feel disturbed that he died because of that?

Everything was confusing you and made you want to ball yourself up inside of a corner, pleading to God to take all of the pain and trauma away.

You can still feel his large hand wrapped around your neck squeezing it tightly while you tried to pry his hand away from you. You can still hear his laughs, mocking you as you were struggling to breathe. You can still see the deadly look in his eyes while he had an amused and lustful look on his face, happy at the fact that he had power over you and that there was nothing you could do in those short moments.