Chapter 16

🦋The more you are positive and say, 'I want to have a good life,' the more you build that reality for yourself by creating the life that you want.🦋

"So what are we doing today?" You asked looking at Gilda as the both of you walked down your apartment building lobby going into the parking lot.

Today you were planning on hanging out with her. Well, the both of you planned it over the phone. She wanted to try out a new place, a cafe that was close to your apartment building.

It was a nice Sunday day. The sun was out, it was a little chilly, and it wasn't as busy as it usually was on the streets. Most likely it would start back once Monday comes around because everyone would have to go back to work or whatever they are that they have to do.

You didn't mind having a day out before you would have to go back to work to file out reports, sign papers, email others, making research, doing projects, and helping Ray catch up with the work that he missed over his absence.

Not that you mind. That just gave you an excuse to leave your office and to go up to his.

"Well, I want to go to this place where there are these cute baby animals. You know, there's baby kittens and puppies. And after that, we can go to the cafe and eats some sweets and drink something," she said pushing up her glasses up the bridge of her nose, looking at you with a small smile on her face.

You hummed softly. "That sounds nice and exciting," you blushed lightly. "I can't wait to play with a little puppy!" You gushed.

Gilda laughed lightly and nodded her head at your comment. "Yes, I agree. They are cute. I wish we could just take them with us."

"I know right? I would take three of them," you hummed and thought about it for a second. What it would be like to have three furry little animals run around your house making a mess by tearing furniture or clothes. Releasing their wastes on your floors, shedding hair, and spending so much money for them. Buying the clothes, medicine, checkups, dog food, etc.

"You know what? Never mind that," you said letting a small puff through your lips, making fog appear out of thin air in front of you because of the cold temperature of January.

Gilda laughed lightly and looked back at you before looking back ahead of her as the both of you walked down the sidewalk.

"Huh? What made you change your mind so fast?"

You pursed your lips together and furrowed your eyebrows. "I thought about it, having them. No doubt they are some very cute and adorable creatures but when it comes to taking care of them- that's a lot of hard work if you ask me."

"Of course it's not! They operate like how we do. You have to take care of them for them to stay alive and healthy, Y/n. Duh."

"I know," you groaned.

Not too long later the both of you made it to the place the both of you were gushing about. On the outside of the building, it had posters of puppies and kittens with cute stickers planted onto the glass windows of the pet cafe.

"He's so CUTTTEEEEE!" You shrieked while cradling the puppy in your arms. "Oh my gosh, I'm gonna die!" You said dramatically as you held onto the puppy for dear life while rolling on your back, letting all of the other puppies and cats surround you.

They were either looking confused at you, sniffing you, cuddling to your body, or licking the fabric of your clothes.

"Calm down, Y/n," Gilda whispered shouted. "You're going to get us kicked out of here. You look like a madwoman," she grumbled while gathering up all of the animals around her like stuff animals, running her fingers through their fur, gushing uncontrollably.