Chapter 7

🦋Never underestimate the pain of a person, because in all honesty, everyone is struggling. Just some people are better at hiding it than others. 🦋

You rushed down the hallway with your belongings desperately trying to make it downstairs to your car in the parking lot. Your hair was undone, you didn't bother to put on any makeup, and your thin cotton blazer was hanging off your arm.

You needed to make it on time to your work without any trouble nor problems. But instead of you just getting to your destination you ended up bumping into someone.

You opened your eyes and looked down to see that you were on top of a man. A man that you were starting to get so familiar with by now.

He opened his eyes and made the ugliest face you've ever seen.

"HEY! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" He screeched.

You pulled yourself up and gathered your things quickly not caring to look back at him. "I'm so sorry! I'll repay you!" You yelled back at your neighbor, Don.

"She always does this!" He cries dramatically.

Everyone around you watched in either amusement or confusion.

You ran up to your car and tried to unlock it by pressing the button on the door of your car but it wasn't unlocking. "Huh? Wha-?" You gasped looking through your purse in panic.

"What?! Where're my keys?!" You cried out loud.

"I couldn't have dropped them, could I? It was in my purse!" You ran back inside of your apartment building and looked around on the floor to see if you dropped your keys.

"Where- where're my keys? Umm, excuse me have you seen my keys, ma'am?" The lady ignored you and kept talking on her phone rushing towards somewhere. You groaned and look at a man with a pleasing look.

"Excuse me sir, but have you seen some keys on the floor?" He looked at you and shook his head.

"Sorry miss but I haven't seen them." And with that, he walked off continuing to clean the spot on the floor with a mop.

Your face went to a dark look when someone came to mind. "Don't tell me that he got my keys." It had to be! 'What was his name again? Don?'

You looked at your phone and shrieked, making the others around you stare at you in concern.

"Ohh noo."

"Are you alright?" Someone asked.

"I-I'm fine." You said with a stressed look.

"Are you really because it doesn't look that way."

You turned around to look who said that and saw Gilda pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. A light aura felt like it was beaming around you as you looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Hey, Gilda! I'm sorry but I need your help please!"

She looked at you and brushed her hair strand behind her ear with parted lips and raised eyebrows. "Huh? What is it?"

"Are you busy?!" You quickly asked.

She looked down at her mail and shook her head 'no.' "I just got through getting my mail. You need help with something-"

"Please! I need a ride to my job! I lost my keys and I can't find them and I'm extremely late!" You said grabbing onto her shoulders with a wavering frown.

"Okay, no problem."

You thanked her and followed her to her car. "Just give me the directions and I'll just drive."