The end is here

“How are you feeling beautiful.” That’s what it started with, not some romantic story, no this is the start of a lot of pain. Pain? What did I do to get pain? Well I would love to explain that to you, but to be quite honest I have no idea what happened to me. It sounded like Jace who tried to wake me up with this sentence, the morning after our little run in in the bathroom. I had no idea what was going on, I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn’t. With all the power I had I tried to move, I tried to speak but it was like this huge weight was lying on top of me, stopping me from doing anything.

“Uhm, you can wake up now.” He tried, multiple times before he left. The moment I felt the bed move and he got off of the bed he mumbled something about me being in a deep sleep. Then he left me behind, thinking I was asleep while in reality I was screaming, crying and trying to move. The only problem was that nothing was working, I couldn’t move, I couldn’t cry and I couldn’t scream. So I stopped, I stopped trying and I started thinking. How can I solve this, it’s not like someone is going to help me. Not yet anyway. Breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. The moment I felt calm I tried to open my eyes, nothing. I tried to scream, again nothing. I tried to move and yet again, nothing happened. All I could was hear things, my deep breathing, my heart and two hearts coming closer.

“Everything okay?” Someone asked, he put his hand on the top of my head.

“I don’t think she’s okay, she won’t wake up and it’s 5pm. I have been trying since 12pm.” 5pm? Who said that? Who was talking? It can’t be this late, he only tried for tops five minutes. The sat down on my bed, a cold hand was suddenly against my head.

“I have to call someone.” A person left my bed and I rolled over to the person who was still sitting, by the sudden loose of weight.

“You stay here.” Suddenly I heard it, the person that was moving away was Bruce. I could hear his heartbeat get softer but I tried to follow him. He slammed the door shut and it surprised me, but nobody will notice because I’m not moving.

“Brother!” He said happily. How could he be so happy about me not waking up? And how could he be so happy talking to my dad, I thought they were fighting.

“It’s happening.” What? They were expecting this? Did they give me some poisoning? Am I dying? Did they kill me? So many questions and none I could ask.

“You get the boy I’ll get Belle to the lab, Eve and Rob are also going good.” What? I wanted to cry even harder now. Lab? Eve and Rob? What is going on? I don’t think there was anything good to think from this, I mean lab? Did they test something on me? The boy? Oh my god, do they mean freckles? No how could they know about freckles? It’s all probably some sick joke, don’t you think?

“I can’t wait to find out what her ability is, and that from Eve?” Eve? My ability? They do know.

“HELP ME.” I screamed and to my surprise it came out, I moved and my eyes shut open. It wasn’t Jace sitting by my bed, it was someone I had never seen before but there were more. Eight other persons, without a heartbeat, they were in uniform and everyone was holding a firearm. I looked at the person who was sitting on my bed, he stood up shocked and looked at me before he slowly came closer.

“Stay away.” I pointed my index finger at him and he got scared, he took some steps back and I looked at the door opening. Bruce walked in, with two other armed persons.

“It’s okay Belle, it’s going to be all fine.” I felt scared and I could feel sweat dripping on my forehead, but I kept my angry face as I looked at him.

“No it’s not, you are in my room with ten armed people. Who aren’t people cause they don’t have a heartbeat, and you try to tell me it’s okay when you just told my dad you were taking me to a lab? Oh and Eve and Rob are doing good? You’re sick.” I tried to push myself up from the bed but I wasn’t strong enough. Everything I wanted to do was somehow prevented by some strong fierce.