ㅤㅤchilde ❁ just be friends

JUST BE FRIENDS : megurine luka
↻ Dixie Flatline

Childe looks upon the picture frames lining up on the shelves, reminiscing of the time where you both were happy within the relationship. He gently lifts a frame where both of you visited Mondstadt in the middle of their Windblume Festival and decided to spend the whole day there. This was back then in middle school where you both skipped classes just to have that 'thrill' of being together. Of course, you both got detention, but the trip was indeed rather fun.

His eyes landed on the figurines that resemble the both of you. This was a prize from completing the escape room back in Inazuma. Most of the couples that underwent the challenge tended to break up right after the challenge, but surprisingly, you and Childe didn't. It even strengthened the bond between you both that even the owner of the business was impressed at you both. This happened during the 2nd year of college, where both of you stopped talking for a while due to the amount of pressure of the schoolworks.

He placed the frame back down and grabbed the empty velvet box where an engagement ring used to rest itself on the small pillow inside. A cherished memory of his was the time where he proposed to you one winter night, in the park where luminous lights were turned on to make the place look more magical.

A chuckle escapes the male's lips upon looking back at the memories you both shared within the relationship, and frankly, he couldn't imagine a day spending without you.

On this day, he plans on showering you with endless love and support due to the fact that it was your 8th year anniversary together. You and Childe have been together since the senior year of highschool until finishing college, which was both of your future plans together.

"Good morning, my love!" He immediately hides a small jewelry box inside his pocket. Inside was a custom made necklace that he specifically got as a gift for you. It's pendant was an infinity sign made out of silver, which is a sign of the relationship in Childe's eyes. "How was my love's sleep?"

Honestly, you felt like the weight of the world was resting on your shoulders upon waking up today. It felt like shards of glass were pinning your clothing on the bed, refusing you to sit up and power through the day as usual. Though you already knew this feeling rather well, it was the same feeling that has been swallowing your heart into a pit of darkness, not wanting to let it see the light of day once again.

Guilt.

You felt like you're continuously within a web of a dull relationship. Those flowering feelings for the male before had soon dropped from its stem, and eventually withered away. The unbreakable bonds that you thought would stay around you both had already died, leaving you suffocating with unyielding chains of guilt with the thought of putting your boyfriend in a one-sided relationship.

Childe pulls you into a huge hug, carefully wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you closer to him, as if you're a dainty doll that would break any second.