ㅤㅤxiao ❁ you're safe with me

:: i know they requested a female reader but i accidentally made the reader gender neutral

:: i know they requested a female reader but i accidentally made the reader gender neutral. oops.

Inazuma, a land whose archon yearns for eternity to the point that she'd do everything in her power to keep it that way. However, there are also some who manage to escape the nation even with just a small percentage of making it out alive. With how strict Inazuma has become, staying within its borders just feels like you're a mere prisoner living amongst the others.

Fortunately enough, you found a way to build a boat secretly to escape the land of eternity.

At an isolated island near Inazuma city itself, there is a small campsite with a nearly finished boat along the shores. A small bonfire is ignited in front of the tent, just to momentarily cook your food for the day. You dared not to keep it burning for long unless you wanted to attract the attention of the shogunate's army.

"Just a few more days to sacrifice, and I'll finally be free from this island." You take a few bites on the rice ball you packed for the trip. It was supposed to last until you reach a new nation, possibly Liyue. However, you were down to only one of them in a container. "I must pack some fruits for the trip. I'm sure I'll finally leave this place tomorrow at noon."

There were a lot of scattered sunsettia and apple trees around the island, so there were plenty of resources to gather for the trip.

After eating, you immediately put out the fire and got to work on your boat.

The tools you were using to build the boat were from your toolbox. It was originally owned by your father but he soon passed away and it wasn't used much anymore. Until sometime last week when you decided to run away from the nation.

Inazuma is your home, yes, but the nation soon lost its profound beauty when the shogun decided to isolate it from the rest of the nations. With the vision hunt decree in effect, you felt incredibly unsafe within the comfort of your own homeland. That's why you decided to leave and never come back until the decree has been lifted.

You let out a sigh of relief when the boat is finally finished. It may look rather rustic, but this was the best you could do since you wanted to leave as soon as possible. However, the sun has already gone down and it would be harder to steer the boat with the darkness surrounding the ocean.