ㅤㅤ〘 F 〙chongyun ❁ scarlet skies

DO NOT BE AFRAID AS YOU BRING
THE AUTUMN SKY BACK WITH YOU
AS DAYLIGHT COMES ,
WE'LL BE TOGETHER UNDER THE SKY
THAT WE BOTH TREASURE SO MUCH

A smile appeared on a certain exorcist's face as he stared at the pale orange tint of the sky. Chongyun heaved out a relieved sigh as he watched the orange-ish colored sun slowly fall down. It was rather a tiring day for the exorcist as a lot of people requested his assistance on driving away evil for the people in Qingce Village. It was a good thing that it was rather cloudy during the day and the hot sun wouldn't have triggered something within him, though the skies cleared up once the clock struck 5pm.

Though, he hasn't seen any spirits yet in his life as he radiates a lot of positive energy which is quite a hindrance to his career.

Too much positivity in him makes him susceptible in certain episodes in which he, himself could not control. Such episodes would make him somewhat have such explosive emotions and after these kinds of episodes, it would leave him clueless on what had happened on the time when he gave in within these emotions even if it's against his will.

As the sun's departure painted the skies in a scarlet color, the clouds too followed the sky and painted itself in a pinkish hue.

As Chongyun hides from the heat of the sun's rays, at the brink of daylight is when the exorcist comes out of his place and watches the sun saying its last farewells. He quietly climbed down the steep rocks that he was standing on earlier and then let out a small sigh, it is time to head back to Wuwang Hill.

Even though the exorcist had already finished his business in Qingce Village, he must go to the source of where the spirits came from and that is from the eerie place beside the village. One must wonder why a peaceful village would be next to a daunting place but some villagers say that the wandering spirits in Wuwang Hill protects the place.

So Chongyun wanted to check things out.

As he ventured towards his destination, the exorcist came across an old friend and an employee from Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Her name is (Y/n) and she was currently on a job to escort the lost spirits back to the realm of the dead. She wasn't really scared by the spirits since in her mind, she always thought that these spirits were once innocent humans that either met their terrible fates or just came by with the steady flow of the wind.

"So where is this portal you speak of?" Chongyun asks as he kicks some of the scattered pebbles on the path. Blue colored wisps float all around Wuwang Hill, they are believed to be guiding spirits that will accompany you throughout the place.

(Y/n)'s hand grazed on top of a huge pile of rocks before a sliver of light appeared along the cracks of the rock. It emitted a warm light that Chongyun had to step back as he has never seen something like that before in his life. The light slowly multiplied and whirled around (Y/n), earning a small laugh from the female as her clothes and hair floated within the lights' movements.

The fragments of light then moved towards Chongyun's direction where they pranced all around the exorcist's body. A warm, comforting feeling was felt when the lights encircled themselves around him. Though it's weird that the kind of warm feeling doesn't make his feelings overload but rather, he feels at peace within the wisps of light.

"They seem to like you" (Y/n) chuckled, making Chongyun look at her with a hopeful look. "Alright alright, I haven't found any lost spirits in the area so.. Do you want to visit the realm of the dead?"

The female extended her hand out and gave the exorcist a wholehearted smile.

The sliver of lights scattered and then they directed themselves behind you where they created the portal that the female was talking about. Chongyun warrily looked at the end of the portal, though it seems that nothing bad will happen there.

He was rather excited as well as this was going to be his first time to see a spirit up close so he gently placed his hand on top of the female's where she squeezed it tightly. A feeling of security was given to Chongyun within that little gesture while he gets pulled inside of the portal by the female.

As he succumbs within the space, the same warm feeling spread whole throughout his body. The same calming feeling that the wisps gave him earlier washed over his body while his vision turned white. And when it cleared, he was standing on top of a cloud and above it was a scarlet sky that he had always admired.

"Welcome to the realm of the undead, ah- Dusky Ming!" (Y/n) exclaimed when she saw a familiar looking spirit, under the shade of a couple of trees, with golden colored leaves. The female walked to her direction and crouched down to meet the spirit's height, "How nice of it to see you here, how's the inn?"

"I was protecting the inn for the entire time! But the cook there was scared of me so I watched them from afar.. (Y/n), what brings you here? Are you going to play with me again?" Dusky Ming hopefully looked at the female but her expression washed over with curiosity when she saw the male behind (Y/n). "Who is this? Did you bring over a playmate?"

A grin then appeared on (Y/n)'s lips as she stood up and hollered Chongyun. The exorcist was curious at the call but when he saw the small spirit, he for a second, froze but soon recovered and walked over to his friend. He caught the explanation of who Dusky Ming is and was rather sorry for her fate.

"No no mister! I created a lot of friends here, especially Big G and the hilichurls!" Dusky Ming smiled and then jumped all around, "Let's play next time (Y/n)! Big G wanted to play hide and seek in Wuwang Hill.. see you later!"

Dusky Ming then slowly disappeared, leaving a lone flower behind in which Chongyun picked up. (Y/n) was then nowhere to be seen but the exorcist was rather curious as to why Dusky Ming had left this flower in the first place. But his questions were answered where he looked towards a trunk of a tree which has an engravement from Dusky Ming. 'You and (Y/n) look good together! Give the flower to her, I know you liked her for a long time now'

Dusky Ming was right.

Chongyun and (Y/n) were friends for the longest time now and the exorcist had always taken a liking towards the female and yet she was too busy helping out the spirits that he didn't want to take some of her time. So he decided to keep these feelings bottled up inside of him until the right time comes. He was right stunned at Dusky Ming for knowing his secrets but his gaze lowered down to the white colored flower on his hands before looking to where (Y/n) headed off to.

Meanwhile, the female hummed and walked over to a golden bridge that connects to another cloud that has a beautiful waterfall on it. She looked at her reflection on the rippling water, feeling a tranquil feeling upon seeing her face. She was surprised when she saw Chongyun's reflection as well, her expressions then broke into a small smile.

"How's the realm of the dead for you? Does it meet your expectations?" She faced the exorcist and asked the question in which Chongyun sighs, "No good..?"

"It's been wonderful here (Y/n)" the exorcist then gave a smile at (Y/n) before extending out his hand that is delicately holding the stem of the beautiful flower. "Thank you for bringing me here and showing me something that I haven't seen before."

The female smiled and then gently took the flower, "Awe, no need to thank me.."

Chongyun then took a deep breath to calm his anxious heart. A gentle red colored hue then appeared on his pale cheeks as he tightly made a ball with his fists. Memories of the two then flood his mind as he decided to release the bottled feelings out of him

under the scarlet sky that they both like so much. .