ㅤㅤdiluc ❅ carol of the bells

"Ugh

"Ugh.."

Diluc rubbed his temples as his brother kept on waving his plastic toy sword all about.

The whole knights are on their way to the Jade Palace to spend the festivities. Diluc insisted for you to ride the carriage with his brother since he sometimes couldn't stand being in his presence. You were there to give comfort and somehow calm down the male.

"Kaeya why don't you sleep for a while?" You softly said to the child who was rather ecstatic at the journey. "Liyue is still far away. And when you're behaved during this ride, I'll get you something from Liyue okay?"

Kaeya's eyes lit up and nodded profusely. He then placed his sword down on the seat and leaned back, his eyes slowly closed and he eventually started to doze off.

A content sigh escaped from Diluc's mouth as he get a soft blanket from one of his bags and placed it on top of his little brother. He leaned his head on your shoulder.

"Its nice having a peaceful time once in a while" he mumbled as his eyes slowly close themselves, dozing off while waiting to arrive in Liyue.

When the carriage arrived in Liyue, Diluc held on Kaeya's hand for him not to get lost

When the carriage arrived in Liyue, Diluc held on Kaeya's hand for him not to get lost. You were with Jean and Amber and you all looked out for the shops by the streets.

They were selling the traditional Liyue items and everything is pretty. You three promised each other that you'd shop for the items after the party

Everyone continued their pace until you all reached the Jade Palace. It was a surprise since it was like a palace in the sky. Ningguang awaits on the center with a warm smile on her face, welcoming each knight whole heartedly.

She then told everyone their designated quarters and you had to share bedrooms with Jean, Lisa and Amber. Diluc had to stay with Kaeya and Albedo since they're all males.

One time when you're packing, Diluc hurriedly went to where you were with a worried look on his face. It was a surprise since he usually doesn't break character like this. Everyone was worried,

"Have you all seen Kaeya?" He asks, "I was just unpacking our belongings and he suddenly disappeared"

Jean's face stiffened, "Have you checked each room? We'll go down the streets of Liyue to search for him"

You nodded and approached a maid, asking her if she had saw a child within the quarters but she said no. Keqing and Ningguang noticed you frantic behavior and became concerned as well. They were busy with decorating for Christmas but it seems that their guests from Mondstadt are having a problem.

"Are you guys okay?" Ningguang worriedly asks, Keqing told her everything has happened. "Oh my.. I'd have the mileliths survey every streets. You're going down to Liyue correct? I'll come with"

A small smile appeared on your lips as soon as you hear this. Ningguang was just as concerned as Diluc. Keqing dropped every work she has and started looking for Kaeya as well.

You looked for Diluc who was talking to his phone, it was some of his clients in Liyue. He was asking if they were to keep an eye out of Kaeya in the streets. A distressed sigh escaped his lips as he put on a warm coat and a scarf.

"Oh, (Y/n) come in" Diluc nodded towards your direction. "I wonder how he's doing. The snow is rather heavy, he's probably freezing out there.."

You placed a pat on his back, rubbing them comfortingly to somehow ease his nervousness. "Don't worry, Kaeya is a strong one. He'll be fine.. let's go now?"

Diluc nods and the both of you set off to search for Kaeya. When all of you got down, the square was packed with a lot of people because of the play. You locked eyes with a navy haired individual who was playing the part of the little match girl. Weird enough it was a boy, but there was such sadness in his eyes as he play the part.

"Kaeya!" Ningguang shouted, "There seems to be a lot of people.. let's ask them if ever they saw Kaeya"

Everyone split up to search and ask the people from around the area. They all have the same reply that they hadn't seen the boy. They were about to lose hope when Keqing found a shop owner who told her that he came across that boy.

He pointed at the alley where he went and immediately everyone ran towards it's direction. Diluc was the one leading them as he really wanted to find his brother as soon as possible.

At the end of the alley was a huge bonfire, stray children were at the corner and seems to be scared at the newcomers.

"Brother!!"

Kaeya ran towards Diluc's direction and immediately hugged his leg. The red head crouched down and hugged his younger brother tightly. The two brothers were finally reunited and Diluc was very glad.

"Your brother was very much worried for you" Amber huffed and ruffled the boy's hair, "We are so glad that you're okay! Don't ever run off ever again!"

Ningguang stepped out and saw the shivering children. She ordered the mileliths to provide a shelter for them as soon as possible, for now the children are staying in the palace.

Diluc carried Kaeya in his arms the whole way towards back the palace. You held on Diluc's shoulder and smiled at him, in which the male surprisingly returned it.

When everyone had returned to the palace, Diluc immediately tucked Kaeya to sleep since he thinks he was so tired of running through the streets of Liyue. You visited his room and watched over Kaeya, a small smile appearing on your lips.

"Thank you" he mumbled the words to you as he sat on the edge of the bed, next to you. Diluc held on your hand and placed a small kiss on your forehead. "For not losing hope and helping me.."

"It's the least I can do, Diluc.." you kissed his cheek and rested your head against his shoulder. "Merry Christmas to you both.."

"I love you (Y/n)" Diluc mumbled as he pulled you closer to him, savoring the warmth that you are giving.