ㅤㅤxiao ❁ odds & ends

edited ; 03 / 06 / 2023

.

.

Xiao has always been the antisocial type.

No one dares to even approach him at class since he radiates a kind of aura that will make his classmates shiver in fear. It has always been like this ever since he was sent to kindergarten, his classmates were too scared to the point that they always leave the seat next to Xiao empty. There are times when the curriculum requires the student to have a partner to work with and being the outcast that he is, Xiao often opts for the teacher to be his partner. But now that he's in high school, nothing seems to change even for the slightest bit. He was still that one kid that's considered to be invisible to everyone, or in other words, an outcast.

Another reason why he doesn't have a lot of friends was because he's mute. No words came out from his mouth which made his classmates have trouble understanding him. Xiao wanted to teach them the basic sign languages, or even simply showing a notebook wherein he writes what he wants to say. But of course, being different means you don't get the same treatment as everyone else.

Eventually, they gave up and just figured that they wouldn't talk to the student due to the amount of effort they'll exert. But despite all of these, Xiao did have a couple of friends though, but he'd rather enjoy the solitude of being alone rather than be in the midst of a group of people. Yes, Xiao's friends are usually noisy which is completely the polar opposite of him. They were extroverts, having a lot of friends is a common thing for them, whereas Xiao's the literal silent type.

However, there's this person in whom Xiao admires the most.

It all started when it was raining heavily one Friday and it was already evening when Xiao had finished the homework that was due on Monday at class that he didn't realize that he took long. He wanted to finish the tasks assigned at an earlier time so he could spend the weekends unwinding, either reading books or playing games, though for now, he's taking a liking to watching various genres of movies.

Club meetings are also done by now and usually, there should be no students present in the campus due to the guards patrolling the campus. However, while he was doing his homework, no guards even dropped by to remind him of the time. Talk about bad luck.

Currently, he stayed under the roof of the campus' main building since the rain was already pouring heavily and he unfortunately forgot to bring an umbrella.The morning forecast announced that there wouldn't be any rain for today, so Xiao didn't bring one. But lo and behold, Xiao didn't notice that the clouds were already slowly blocking the skies before evening while he was concentrating on his homework, if he just left before sunset, then he should've returned to his home before the rain could fall.

Xiao let out an exasperated sigh, I don't want to run under the rain even though my apartment is just by the block.. he thought to himself while stretching his hand out to let the raindrops fall on his skin, plus it's too cold to run..