ㅤㅤ〘 F 〙diluc ❁ ode to eternity

As the bells of Mondstadt's chapel suddenly rang, you know that it's time for the special occasion you have been waiting for

As the bells of Mondstadt's chapel suddenly rang, you know that it's time for the special occasion you have been waiting for. You stood at the last of the line with both your siblings, Lumine and Aether at either your side. A sob came out of the male's lips as he tried his best to muffle out his sobs through his handkerchief.

"Aether, you'll ruin your suit" Lumine chuckled as he went to the male's side and adjusted the flower that was on his chest. She took her white handkerchief and dabbed it on Aether's cheeks to wipe off his tears. "There we go.."

"(Y/n)!!" Aether held onto your shoulders and looked at your face with tear filled eyes. He shook you gently, careful not to ruin your clothing. "I can't believe Diluc will take you away from us!"

Lumine sighs, "Yeah.. I may not show it but I'm rather sad to see you go. I'm going to miss our adventures.."

After the whole adventure in Teyvat, you managed to save both of your siblings from the abyss and saved the nation from Celestia. That was also the time when you met a certain redhead and eventually you two got together after a while of working together in your team. He was the one who asked your siblings for their blessings for the upcoming marriage. Lumine was very much ecstatic but Aether was rather livid but when you and Lumine calmed him down, he eventually gave his blessing.

The bridesmaids and the ushers upfront were already walking down the aisle. Lumine went back to her spot on your side while Aether looked away to wipe off his tears. Lumine linked arms with you and gave you a proud smile when the doors of the chapel suddenly closed right in front of you when the ring bearer and flower girls walked in the aisle.

"Are you ready?" Lumine asks.

You were about to say something when Aether cut you off, "I'm not ready please. Can we move this wedding next year?"

Laughter escaped your throat when he asked that simple request. "Oh Aether, I'll surely miss it when you're protective like this"

Eventually, the doors of the chapel opened up and it revealed everyone staring at you. There were cecilia flower petals scattering on the red carpet as well as the dandelion seeds / filaments flying around the area. Bright sunlight pours down from the stained glass windows of the church, making everything more magical than what already it is.

At the end of the aisle, there stood Kaeya by his brother's side and of course, Diluc looking at you with both pride and affection by the altar. You felt rather conscious while walking to be honest but your tension suddenly disappeared when you heard sobbing from your side. It was Aether again, breaking down in the middle of the aisle.

Lumine went to his side to help him up but, "Aether stop crying.. o-or else.. I-I'll start c...crying as well!!"

Your siblings ended up crying together.

"Aah, you guys!" You knelt down and placed some rest assuring pats on their heads. You grabbed their handkerchiefs and started wiping their tear streaked faces. You felt a hand on your shoulder as well as a presence next to you. "Diluc! You're supposed to wait at the end of the aisle!"

He sighs, "Well.. you can't arrive by the altar sooner so I came to pick you up. Besides, I think you needed help around here"

Aether glared at Diluc, "If you ever hurt (Y/n)'s feelings, I will let the whole abyss come after you!" He sniffed and stood up, helping Lumine afterwards. "Alright loverboy, get back to your spot and leave the walking to us"

Diluc shakes his head and quickly walks back to his spot. Lumine and Aether both scrambled on their feets to return to their own spots.

"Alright people, no one must speak of this incident afterwards" the male twin cleared his throat and went to his spot.

Eventually, they managed to walk you towards the altar where Aether almost got in a fight with Diluc upon handing you over to him. Luckily Lumine and everyone else were there to prevent him from pouncing on Diluc as he placed his hand on your waist, guiding you in front of two archons, Zhongli and Venti.

"Aah, youth.." Zhongli smiled at the two of you as he opened a book on the podium. Venti on the other hand was beside him, strumming the strings on the holy lyre creating a beautiful hymn. "I remembered the times I used to watch these kinds of occasions. Anyhow, we are gathered here today to witness our dears' promises to eternity"

You were rather nervous for the most part of the ceremony. It was rather a refreshing sight to see Diluc's hair tied to a ponytail just like his bartender work at Angel's Share. Not only that but his white colored vest on top of his crimson colored suit compliments his look. He caught a glimpse of you staring in the corner of his eyes so he turned his attention to you and smiled.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," you shake your head and turn to the geo archon. "I'm just.. nervous and excited at the same time?"

Diluc chuckles and diverted his attention to the front as well. "Same, but I'm honestly glad that you're the one I'll be sharing the name Ragnvindr with" he interlocked his fingers with you and gave it a rest assuring squeeze.

"Is there anyone out there who is against the wedding?" Venti stops the strumming and asks amongst your crowd of friends.

"I object!"

You and Diluc both turned behind and saw your brother, Aether standing firm on the ground. Lumine had to hit him behind his head and apologize to everyone for the commotion he had made, "I'm sorry for my idiot brother.. but with all due respect, please proceed"

A relieved sigh escaped your lips when Lumine gave you a thumbs up as she restrained Aether, who was rubbing the back of his head in pain. Venti grins, "Alright. If there are no more people who are against these two.. please allow me to officially say-"

"I may now pronounce you as husband and wife" Zhongli cuts the latter which made Venti freeze in his place. He took a good grip on the Lyre de Himmel which seems that he wants to hit the geo archon with it. "You're taking too long"

Diluc faced you and gently took off the veil that was covering your face. He let out a relieved sigh and tucked a piece of your hair at the back of your ear, giving out a thin smile as all the feelings he had kept from all this time suddenly bursted from his heart and you were surprised to see tears spilling from his eyes.

"(Y/n)," he muttered as he slowly approached his face. You closed your eyes and felt a soft, warm sensation on your lips which seemed to move in sync with you. Diluc deepened the kiss by wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you closer to him, to the point that your chest was touching his. Everyone was ecstatic in the church, cheering for the newlyweds. "..you're lucky that we need air to breathe, I would've kissed you forever"

Your face flushed with embarrassment as you hit the redhead on the shoulder, a gentle laugh escaping his lips due to your reaction. You looked over to your siblings, Lumine was smiling with genuine happiness on her expression while Aether was rather fuming yet somewhat happy? as well. Nevertheless, they were rather glad to witness such a magical moment.

In the next moment, you felt yourself being lifted off from the ground. It was Diluc carrying you in his arms and speeding off through the aisle as everyone was surprised at his actions. He looked at your amused expression, "I'm sorry for cutting the ceremony short but.."

"I can't hold back anymore"