Chapter 15: Even Deeper

Welp, here I am. More than a month since the last chapter. My deepest apologies everyone, I really do hope to try better in the future. I've just been trying to get back into the groove.

This one's pretty short, but I hope you enjoy it.

--Sharena POV--
Everything had fallen apart for Askr's cutest couple. I guess I should've known something was going wrong... Lucina had been acting strange, Y/N more reserved, but I just brushed it off...

And now...

Lucina had disappeared. We sent out a couple of search parties, but all our attempts yielded nothing. And we didn't have the expenses to investigate more, not with the knowledge that soon we would have to face off against our greatest adversary yet, death itself...

As for Y/N... Y/N had apparently lost his mind. He was, still at this very moment, heading even deeper into the clutches of insanity. No one had managed to get a word out of him, save for his incessant maddening muttering. And that was only when he was calm. Most of the time he was screaming, crying, trying to kick away from the bed we had him currently tied to. 

We'd tried everything to bring him back. But so far, nothing had worked. I was starting to lose hope... and that only exacerbated every time I found him crying and shaking uncontrollably. 

Y/N: N-No! Don't t-touch her! Lucina, NO!

Trying to block out his cries was useless. I felt them much deeper in my bones. 

After a long and tiring argument, we decided to keep him isolated from the rest of the heroes. Seeing something like that wouldn't exactly be good for morale. I was entirely against the idea. We had to show that we didn't have skeletons to hide in the closet. We should be honest and open.

Unfortunately, it seemed as if the others didn't have the same priorities. In fact, soon enough, I was the only one visiting him. The others... seemingly forgot he was even there. I didn't blame them- impending battles and all that.  

I had always been so concerned about the well-being of all the heroes. And now, one of them desperately needed me. So I had to deliver.

I just hope he'll get better... We're gonna need him. As for Lucina... where could she be?

--Lucina POV--
After we dealt with Y/N, Mother brought me to my new home. I had never been happier! She introduced me to her two generals, Líf and Thrasir, who I couldn't wait to befriend. Of course, the thing I wanted to do most was... wage war on the living.

Hel: Patience, dear. You will have your turn soon enough.

Lucina: But, mothe-

Hel: Uh-uh-uh, Lucina. Mother knows best.

I smiled cheerfully and nodded. What was I thinking? When Mother decided the time was right, she'd tell me. In the meantime, I got to practice with my new scythe. It might've been a bit heavier than my old weapon, but it packed a lot more power. I could feel it. And my old weapon reminded me of my old life... Something I would rather stay buried.

I gripped my scythe tighter, feeling newfound dark strength coursing through my veins. It felt good to be the one in power for once. No more feeling helpless, alone, scared. From now on I would be the one making others feel that way. 

I grinned. A vindictive, evil, manipulative grin. That pitiful Order of so-called "Heroes" didn't stand a chance. What we were doing was right. Ending suffering for all human beings, forever.

--Hel POV--
Lucina went even deeper into my clutches the longer she held that scythe. Soon, almost nothing would be able to pull her out of it. 

I pondered for a bit. Would it be more enjoyable if, after we defeated the Order of Heroes, I took my spell off Lucina, and let the guilt and pain overtake her completely. It was quite tempting... but I suppose it would be better to be safe than sorry.

The time to attack would come soon enough. The legions of the dead were as ready as they'd ever be. 

I chuckled. Not to mention we had taken care of the human being who had made contact with Naga. If we had left him unchecked... 

It would be better not to think of what could've been. What was happening now was more important. 

Nothing can stop me now. Nothing can stop me.

--Y/N POV--
I twisted and turned, in a futile attempt to break free from the bed I was still tied to. Everywhere I looked, I saw her- Lucina, bruised, bloody, beyond repair. It was too much for me to handle.

Tears poured down my cheeks. I let out another strangled cry- I had long ago lost count of how many I had emitted. I just couldn't find the strength to pull myself out of this mess. 

You... coward. I was afraid. Of facing Lucina again, scared of what she would say to me. It didn't matter that she wasn't herself. It was more than enough to break me down. 

I fumbled with the ropes that kept me anchored in this godforsaken place. I just needed to get away- to get away from everything for once. 

After many grueling hours of trying to get my useless, convulsing fingers to work, it came undone. Immediately, I jumped off the bed, pushed the door open, and ran off. It didn't matter where I went- anywhere, as long as it wasn't here, would suffice. 

That anywhere happened to be the forest. The place where I found Lucina after she ran away, the place where Naga found me. 

Why did everything have to remind me of her?

I tripped over a root of a tree, dropping to my knees while I continued to wail. Drawing attention to myself was something I would rather avoid, but I couldn't help it. Everything... it was too much. I just wanted me and Lucina to live a normal, happy life. Was that too much to ask?

Who was I kidding. Nobody had a normal, happy life nowadays.

--Naga POV--
I sighed. Y/N had... failed me. He put his emotions, his love for Lucina, ahead of his rational thinking. That was what had gotten him caught.

But... he had the potential. If he let me in... Maybe I would be able to mold him in my image a bit. Make him the powerful being perfect for taking down Hel once and for all.

I gravitated closer towards his location, where he was currently bawling his eyes out, no doubt seeing another ghastly apparition of his loved one's death. I made myself visible to him, watching as he gasped and fell backwards.

Y/N: N-Naga?

Naga: Hello, Y/N. Do not worry. I have come to heal you, and help you bring her back.

As long as you do everything I say...

------------------

Thanks for reading! School's getting more and more stressful lately, but here's to hoping I can continue to update in the months to come. 

Which story should I update next? This one? Robin? Or my one-shots?

Adios! 

-Fireemblem8cuts

(PS- By chance, just as I was about to publish this, the namesake of this chapter began playing on my Spotify. Fate, I guess.)