Chapter 4: Don't Go

Hey dudes! Here we are, chapter four! Sorry for the crazy update schedule, this chapter actually took quite a bit of time. I hope you understand!

And, thanks to @MarwanAlHussein, we have a cover! The original artwork was created by @a_meno_0, I've put a link to his twitter in my story's description!

With that out of the way, into the story!

--Y/N POV--
I kicked a rock nervously, keeping a firm hand on the box in my pocket. I was going to propose to Lucina. I was never more sure of something in my life. When looking for a ring for her, I didn't look for the biggest one, or the most beautiful one. I looked for the one that suited her the most.

After spending hours looking for the right one, my eyes stopped on one with a sapphire embedded in it. Blue... Lucina's favorite color. It was perfect...

That same ring was now in my pocket. I held it close, paranoid that I would lose it somehow. My heart was going a mile a minute, filled to the brim with anxiety. A-All I had to do now was ask Chrom for his blessing, right?

I clenched my hands into fists, and made my way towards his tent. My time of judgment had come...

--Lucina POV--
I woke up and immediately frowned at seeing the empty bed. Ever since his birthday, Y/N had been acting a bit standoffish. Blushing whenever I kissed him. Staring at me when he thought I wasn't looking.

What could he be up to? And then there was today- he was always there to greet me when I woke up. The tent didn't feel the same without him. I sighed, and pulled the covers up to my chin. The nightmares hadn't relented, so I now spent most days sleeping in.

What did they all mean? I wanted to know... In each of them, I saw Y/N dying. It was different death each time, each scarier than the last.

Did it have some hidden message? I shivered as I remembered the dream I had the previous night, where a thrown spear had impaled him in his torso.

I woke up screaming, as usual, but it took a lot longer for me to calm down. Y/N had spent hours hugging me as I cried into his chest, weeping out of relief that he was still alive.

Why did it take longer for my panic to leave me? It was simple- the nightmare felt too real.

Instead of Y/N crumbling into dust as he usually did, blood spurted from his wound, and he clasped my hand tightly.

His eyes were full of tears as I watched his life ebb away. I could still feel the tightness of his grip, and the sound of his soft, final breaths...

And when the last ounce of his life fluttered away from him, I felt my heart break into two. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw Y/N, a lifeless shell. It was pure torture.

But no matter. Y/N's voice echoed in my head. It's just a harmless dream. I'm here.

I brushed a tear from my eye, and sat up as I realized that I was too awake to fall asleep again.

I groaned as I put on my clothes. Was there anything I needed to do today? Nothing that came to mind immediately...

I stumbled out of the tent, and grimaced as a familiar face made their way towards me.

Inigo: Good morning, Lucina!

Lucina: What do you want, Inigo?

Inigo: I was just wondering if- hehehe... my favorite blue-haired princess had a change of heart about who she likes...

I sighed. Inigo had a huge crush on me, and he wasn't afraid to show it. He knew that I loved Y/N very much, but that didn't stop him from trying. I took a step back as he moved closer, allowing me to smell something strange. Was that... alcohol? Had he been drinking?