Chapter 14: Into The Void

I'M BACK! School's over (for now) so I can finally begin cranking out some more chapters for you guys. Hope this'll tide you guys over before I can begin work on some possible Christmas specials. I feel full of life! Never realized how much I missed writing!

Enjoy, my friends!

--Y/N POV--
I lay down on my bed, preparing to re-enter my dreamscape, my route into Lucina's. The blank walls all around me blurred into the background. This was it. If all went well, soon, Lucina would be lying here next to me, alive, free, happy.

The now-familiar darkness washed over me, filling me with a strange sense of tranquility. Here I could lose all my worries, a state of selfish mindlessness, with no responsibilities... Yet I of all people should know that I couldn't possibly do that. Not in the knowledge that the girl of my dreams was out there, alone, waiting for my return.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts in the realization that I had already made it to Lucina's private hell. The wooden cabin was already visible in the distance, with... smoke rising out its chimney? That was a first... something must've happened while I was gone... maybe she had gained more freedom?

I prayed that this was true. Because if it had something to do with Hel... I shivered as the cold, unforgiving air nipped at my skin. It seemed a lot worse compared to the last time I came here. Like all of my warmth had been sucked straight out of my body...

Shrugging it off, I pushed forward. It didn't matter. This was just the dream world right? Nothing could hurt me here...

Oh, how wrong those words were. 

Before I knew it, the door leading into the dreary house loomed over in front of me. There were burn marks all over the door, partnered with splinters and missing pieces. Strange... I could swear on my life that they weren't there before. 

I paid it no mind. There were more important things at the moment. I pushed the door open, resulting in a loud creak. I heard a creepy, almost insane-like giggle come from the open doorway. That was what made me hesitate. Something terribly wrong was going on, which was saying something considering Lucina's current situation. But what choice did I have? If I walked away now, I wouldn't find out if she was alright, and I couldn't live with that. 

So I stepped inside. 

The small room was pitch-dark. No light from the outside seeped in, and any windows that had been there on my previous excursion to the cabin were gone. In fact, the only thing in the entire room was Lucina, crouching, hugging her knees, and shivering uncontrollably. She faced away from me, head down. I crept closer and closer, on the intent to comfort her, to find out what was wrong. But as I placed a hand on her shoulder, she whipped around, grabbing my wrist tightly. I stared into her all-black eyes, her hand ice cold.

Y/N: L-Lucina...?

Lucina: Aww, Y/N. I don't think I ever realized how cute you looked scared. I wonder if you look even more adorable when you're frightened to death?

The room lit up dimly, as if someone had set fire to a tiny candle. But it was enough to fully see her face. The face I so dearly loved, the only face for me. 

Her mouth was contorted in a rictus grin, her eyes narrowed to slits, teeth bared. Those eyes... pure shadow. This wasn't Lucina anymore, that much I could tell.

Y/N: No...What have you done with the real Lucina?

Lucina: You don't recognize your fiancée? Boo-hoo. You're breaking my heart, Y/N.

We stood up, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't tear my eyes away from her face. I was susceptible to her every order. She gripped both of my hands, interlocking our fingers.