Chapter 12: Stay Awake

So, looks like I've been able to successfully keep up with my new update schedule so far! (If you're wondering what that is, I'll be publishing a new chapter to this story every other week, alternating with my other current story)

I'm also thinking of doing a halloween special for my Edelgard story, so if you're a fan of that, look out for it!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy chapter twelve!

--Lucina POV--
My confidence had decreased exponentially in the last week. Every night, Hel, in my body, tortured Y/N in our room, where no one could see her.

I always tried to avert my eyes, but Hel's power kept my gaze glued to the window. It didn't really matter anyway. His cries in pain always seeped through into my little world. They were like little demons, toying at my sanity, making me feel useless. She was destroying him bit by bit and there was nothing I could do.

At the moment, Y/N was lying restrained on the bed, while Hel, in my body, whispered into his ear.

Lucina/Hel: Do you love me, Y/N?

Y/N: Y-Yes! Of course I love you!

Lucina/Hel: Aww. What a shame. I hate you, Y/N. It's the sad truth. I always did.

Y/N: What? N-No... Please, Lucina...

Lucina/Hel: I hated you so much that I only pretended to love you, all so I could hurt you even more.

Lucina/Hel: This past year has been a total lie. How does it feel to be betrayed like that?

Tears were rolling down his face in buckets. Each agonized whimper that escaped from his mouth was another blow to my heart. I struggled against my bonds, leaning forward to scream.

Lucina: Don't listen to her, Y/N! I love you with every ounce of my being!

Of course, he didn't hear me. Salty teardrops dripped down onto the floor, a common scene that I had observed once too many.

I had to contact him somehow! But that was the problem...

How could I get to him when the literal embodiment of death was standing in my way?

Y/N hugged himself in a fetal position, rocking back and forth while muttering something under his breath. The brave, chivalrous man I knew had been reduced to... this...

I closed my eyes and continued to sniffle uncontrollably. Nowhere to go... all alone...

I was used to doing things by myself, for myself. I couldn't just sit around and hope someone would save me! I had to... I had to... what?

I drew my eyes to the window. Hel. I had to... fight her. But not physically, no. I already lost my physical body. I had to fight her with pure will.

I closed my eyes, attempting to block out Y/N and his plight, focusing on Hel herself. I knew that she was powerful, but maybe with enough practice... I envisioned myself breaking free of my bonds, channeling all of my emotions and energy into that one thing.

It began to take its toll on me, but I didn't relent. I had to push myself beyond my limits; I had to reach heights beyond my vision.

Eventually, the strain became to much, and I let out a cry as I stopped. Sweat came pouring down my face and forehead in buckets, but a large smile was on my face- for the rope holding my left hand had become undone.

Practice makes progress- it was one of the first things I had learned as a child, and one of the mottos I kept to heart. I turned to the window and squinted, as if I was too scared to see what I found there. But thankfully, Hel had decided to retire for the night, lying on Y/N's unconscious body.