Chapter 9: Don't Give In

Hey guys! Here's chapter nine! This one's pretty short, by my standards. Just keep in mind that there may be a few... suggestive themes in this one. If you dislike that kind of stuff- I'm sorry, but trust me, it's only for this chapter. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

--Y/N POV--
Something strange was definitely going on. Lucina had seen a miraculous recovery. Her last few nights had been devoid of disturbing dreams, and the voices plaguing her ceased. 

It just felt... wrong. It was too abrupt; too sudden. A part of me just wanted to be happy for her, but a small, nagging voice in my head said this was only the calm before the storm.

Lucina: Hey honey, what's up?

I looked over my shoulder to find Lucina standing tall, radiating happiness and looking eager to return to the battlefield.

Y/N: Nothing, just thinking...

She wrapped her arms around my chest, allowing me to gaze into the deep blue ocean that was her eyes. Sweet Naga, I loved her. No matter how many times I said it, it felt like it wasn't enough.

Lucina: Look, I feel fine. This is the best I've felt in weeks, in fact. I just have so much energy that I want to let out!

Y/N: Just don't let your guard down, okay? It would help me sleep easier...

She kissed my cheek before pulling away. "Of course, Y/N. Anything for you."

As she turned and walked off, I noticed a small purple glint in her eyes. Then it was gone. This was far from over...

I moved to follow her, still surrounded by my pounding thoughts. We had to keep this thing from totally taking control of her. If that happened... How could I get her back?

Alfonse: Hey guys!

The two of us turned around simultaneously, to find Alfonse smiling. This was totally out of character for him... He wouldn't be smiling unless something amazing had taken place.

Lucina: What is it?

Alfonse: Muspell has been defeated!

Y/N: What?? How?

Alfonse: We were able to defeat Surtr. Without his stern command, the army is falling apart!

Before I could reply, I was startled by Lucina hugging me and putting her head on my chest.

Lucina: Hear that, Y/N? Things are looking up!

I threw my arms around her, grinning. I too, had been fighting their forces recently. Knowing that they had finally been vanquished felt like a weight being lifted off our shoulders. 

Y/N: Well, what do we do now?

A commotion had begun to brew in the lunch area. I narrowed my eyes as me and Lucina inched closer. Sharena was standing next to a girl I had never seen before, with a grey ponytail. She was looking at the ground, a bleak look on her face.

Lucina: Have you seen her before?

Y/N: No... Let's get closer.

I grabbed ahold of Lucina's hand, weaving the two of us into the crowd until we were in front of her.

Sharena: Oh, hey Y/N and Lucina! Meet Eir! We found her in the woods, lost...

She held out her hand, and I shook it. I gulped as a shiver went down my spine. I felt like I could never be happy again.

Lucina shook her hand too, making her let out a whimper at Eir's cold feeling. Later, we pulled away from the crowd, settling down at a small empty table. She was holding a hand to her forehead, groaning.