Chapter 17: I'm Not From This World

PHEW! Finally got this finished. Was surprised to find that I was actually really happy with the way this turned out! 

Work's been piling up again- nearing the end of the school year, after all. Expect slow updates from now until June, where I can hopefully spend a lot more time writing again.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter!

--Timeskip: Six Months--
--Sharena POV--
Half a year since the disappearance of Y/N and Lucina. Both had practically... faded into obscurity. I didn't blame the others- countless heroes came and went here in Askr, so it could sometimes be hard to remember names and faces. But I never forgot a single one.

Of course, I had long since given up on trying to find them. There just wasn't any time anymore- Hel was growing stronger, and we had been all over in numerous worlds, trying desperately to find some way to stop her. It was wearing us down to the bone, but what other choice did we have? Luckily, we were onto something... But how long until Hel caught up to us?

My perseverance had been dwindling. Ever since the death of our father, Alfonse had been... different. I knew he was hurting, deep inside, but how could I comfort him? I felt the same way. The sense of emptiness, the part of me that was gone forever. 

Suffice to say, the Order of Heroes was nearing the end of its tether. We wouldn't last long against Hel unless some unexpected miracle was thrown our way. But what were the chances of that happening?

--Naga POV--
Naga: Look, Y/N. We're getting nowhere. You have made some progress over the course of these months, but it is definitely not enough if we want to vanquish Hel once and for all.

The H/C thief groaned, rubbing his eyes before letting his broadsword drop to the ground. 

Y/N: I-I'm sorry. Perhaps...

I narrowed my eyes, my face still expressionless. Y/N was shaking as usual. Ever since his painful run-in with Hel, he hadn't been able to get it under control. It could even be some lifelong ailment. But his look... It was determined. I knew he would do anything for Lucina, die a thousand times, live a thousand lives, just to see her in his arms once more. 

Y/N: What about those... divine powers you said you could bestow upon me? That would be enough to defeat her, no?

Naga: I'm almost confident it would. But... the energy would eventually consume you, destroying your humanity and transforming you into a being like me. 

He went silent. I didn't have to spell out what that meant. A loss of humanity... would include all of his emotions, his personality, his memories, and... his love for Lucina. 

Conflict raged inside his head. But I already knew that he would do anything to save her. Even if it killed him.

Y/N: I... I'll do it. Whatever it takes.

I nodded, holding my hands up. This ritual would, in a way, combine a shred of my soul with Y/N's. That meant that I would be able to see whatever he could, and communicate with him telepathically. In turn, he would have enhanced strength, along with many of my own powers.

A beam of light grew in my hands, and I sent it straight at Y/N's chest. He groaned in slight pain as it hit him, quickly assimilating itself into his body. He glowed slightly green for a second, before it died down. 

And there it was. The sudden appearance of a connection between us, one that would probably stay for the rest of his life.

Y/N's eyes opened wide. All of his senses suddenly extremely sensitive, the strange feeling of newfound energy churning through his veins like a volcano aching to erupt.