Chapter 19: Death Is Close

H E L L O EVERYONE! Dang! It's been a long time, hasn't it? Firstly, I'd like to apologize for taking so long. Writing just doesn't come as easy as it used to. I'll try better in the future, I hope. I've also been playing a ton of FE3H lately, so once I finish up this story, I think I'll put all my focus into part two of my Edelgard story! Hope y'all enjoy that one :)

Anyways, here is chapter nineteen. It's been a long ride, and I hope you guys like this chapter. Happy reading.

--Y/N POV--
I had found that more often than not now, I was being required to use my divine powers to slow my heartrate. As the days dragged on and on, and the threat of invasion crept ever closer, calming down became a luxury I could never have. I was always pondering on some aspect of the plan I had created. What if it all went wrong? What if I wasn't able to save Lucina?

In some ways, it was almost a relief when a soldier came in with the dreaded news- "Hel's army has been spotted, only a few miles south of the castle! They will be here within the day."

Despite my own consolation, I did feel bad when I saw the dark look of fear on Sharena's face. Her brother had left with the inhabitants of Askr and a small group of heroes, to keep the citizens safe from any possible harm. So she had no one to comfort her...

Sighing, I got off from my chair, pulling it over till I was facing Sharena. Getting down again, I sent her a concerned look. 

Y/N: Something wrong, Sharena?

Sharena: I just... I'm scared. I've made friends with practically all the heroes, and the thought of losing any of them... 

I awkwardly placed a supporting hand on her shoulder, patting her on the back. But I couldn't help the indifference that crept in. The powers Naga had given me were turning me into an unfeeling iceberg, one that couldn't sympathize with normal human emotions. 

Y/N: Sharena... you just have to accept that... people are going to die. There's nothing you can do to prevent that. Having been in so many wars myself, the pain of loss is something that never goes away. But that doesn't keep me from trying my hardest to save the ones I hold dear. That's what we fight for. To save our loved ones, to save the people we don't even know, because human life is the most precious thing a person can have. 

Sharena looked up at me, shocked by my sudden ramble. In a lot of ways, I was too. I didn't think I had it in me. Her face slowly morphed into a smile, nodding. "You're right... I'll fight to the end."

I held out a hand and she took it, allowing me to pull her up. "We're gonna make Hel regret choosing to attack this world."

And with that, I was off. There was so much to do before the battle! I had to make sure Lyn, Niles, and Lysithea were good to go, I had to check on our defenses, to make sure they held long enough for me to take down death itself. And there was always the possibility of Lucina. I wasn't sure I would be able to face her...

--Lucina POV--
Farmer: Please, miss! Not my f-family!

A crazed smile came to my face as I dragged the poor sap by his collar, to where his wife and child were tied up. Most of the farms we had seen on our march had been empty, but this was a treat no one could pass up. 

Lucina: More. Beg more, worm! Your cries are music to my ears!

I pushed him onto the ground, turning around and holding my hand up, signaling to the soldiers holding the farmer and his family. Once I brought my hand down, they would decapitate them.

Walking over to the side of their humble house, I inspected it for a second, before letting my hand drop. Slashes, followed by screams in agony, sounded behind me. I turned to the soldiers, my eyes gleaming.