CHAPTER ONE: "TILL MY LAST BREATH"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter One | Till my last breath

EIGHTEEN SIXTY THREE

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"OH, STOP IT DAMON," The beautiful chime of laughter echoed around the clearing as Kalliope ran with a wide grin gracing her blushed features. She squealed with delight, weaving through the multitude of trees. "You know how I don't like to be chased!"

"Nonsense, Flore! You laugh yourself sick every time I catch you." Kalliope carefully dodge his chase, hiding behind a tree trunk with rushed breath. Her eyes squeezed shut as she waited with anticipation.

Of course, he was right. There was nothing quite like the influx of adrenaline she experienced when playing games with Damon Salvatore. The young man knew how to make things fun. He was so carefree and full of joy, she couldn't bare but to smile along with him.

His happiness was contagious and if there was one thing she desired most, and never once received, it was such a grand emotion. With him, she felt it often and that was everything.

In the gentle breeze, she felt the ringlets of her chestnut hair tickle her rounded face. A soft caress in the chaos that was her pulse. She peeked her doe brown eyes open and glanced around her. It was far too quiet and that mounted the anticipation tenfold.

Biting her berry painted bottom lip, she nudged her head around the bark, holding her breath. She wouldn't dare make a sound. Although it was very much day time, she still found the silence scary. Her heart threatened to ricochet out of her chest.

"Now, I have you!" His joking voice startled her terribly, causing Kalliope to scream bloody murder.

Her eyes blew wide as he caught her around the waist. She could've sworn her heart stopped altogether. "How dare you. My goodness, how cruel." Her low melodic voice berated him as she turned in his arms, slapping at his cream blouse clad chest. "I shall never play with you again."

Damon's eyes twinkled with mirth. A culmination of the ocean and heavy rain fall. Kalliope sometimes found herself caught up in the hurricane, slipping beneath the waves. "Come now, Flore, don't be cross. We were having fun."

She pouted, crossing her arms over her bust. The bonnet on her curly head blew in the growing wind, the ribbons slapping at her neck. "Yes, but you gave me a fright. My heart stopped."

Suddenly, his smile grew mischeavous. A tell-tale to his playful thoughts. The brunette didn't trust that certain look at all. Sweeping his hand back majestically, he bowed low, meeting her eyes all the while."Forgive me, m'lady. If there was ever a time to fool your heart, I'm afraid, this moment would be perfect."