CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "TROUBLE STIRRING"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Fifteen | Trouble Keeping Secrets

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒Chapter Fifteen | Trouble Keeping Secrets

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH CORRECTING our state issued history books for one day. Ready to go?" Alaric wiped down his chalk board before turning towards the Genie. Stefan hadn't picked up Kalliope like Ric imagined he would, so he thought it best to give her a ride to Jenna's. Since he was going to see her anyway. Especially, because they needed to talk about the Isobel situation.

Kalliope brightened, glancing up from the stack of papers on her make-shift teacher's assistant desk. "Oh, yes. I'm ready."

Standing gracefully, she clasped her hands together and scurried along after the tall history teacher. Her steps more frequent than his in order to keep up the pace. "Ric," She called.

"Hm?"

"I do admire your job, but I don't think I'll be grading papers with you in the future." The vampire hunter laughed opening the front doors to the school for the both of them. The sun shining brightly into their squinted eyes.

"Yeah, I don't blame you. There are days when I'm still contemplating a career change." He sighed, unlocking his car with a handheld clicker. When it beeped, Kalliope jumped.

She was still fascinated with horseless carriages and found herself ghosting her fingertips over the black finish with wonder in her round eyes. Kalliope got in the car once Ric opened her door, wiggling around in the leather to get comfortable.

"So have you decided what you plan to do?" Ric asked, revving his engine before backing out of the parking lot.

"With what?" She mumbled, gazing out the window at the blurring trees and students. Suddenly, the radio turned on, instantly gaining her attention. Kalli grinned at the music box, nodding her head to the rock playing through the speakers. "These cars have everything!"

Alaric chuckled, finding her aloofness adorable. "With your life!" He spoke over the music before lightly turning the knob to a lower setting. "Y'know, now that you're out of the chalice. You've got to spend your time doing something in the 21st century."

Kalli's lips formed in an understanding pucker, nodding her head thoughtfully. "Oh. Yes... Well, I don't know - whatever Jenna would allow, I guess, until she makes her wish."

"Maybe you should decide now. Do what you love, y'know? There's no time like the present, especially in a town like this." He briefly smiled at her in his half-way upward tilt sort of way. Then, he allowed her to stew in her thoughts in silence.