CHAPTER ELEVEN: "THE SECRETS WE KEEP"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Eleven | The Secrets We Keep

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒Chapter Eleven | The Secrets We Keep

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"YOU'VE OUT DONE YOURSELF, KALLIOPE. The food looks delicious," Alaric complimented the genie as he hungrily eyed her magazine cover-like dishes. This put a large grin on her tanned features, flattered.

"Thank you, Alaric. It was really no bother." She wiped her hands down the front of her dress in a bashful display. Jenna thought she looked too cute. Like Snow white in the real world.

"Oh, I doubt that. Damon tends to make pack mules out of everyone." Damon glared at his drinking buddy as Ric helped Jenna open the wine bottles.

The Salvatore came up beside his former wife and wrapped his arm around her like they were back in old times. He smirked more than he smiled, drawing circles on the top of her shoulder. "Flore loves to cook. She practically insisted, thank you very much."

The petite genie shrugged, glancing up at Damon by tipping her chin. "He's right. I also love to host." Just then, the door bell rang, notifying everyone someone was here. Kalliope wondered if Elijah had finally shown up or if he was actually coming at all.

"I'll get it," Jenna announced, walking to the foyer. It was silent as everyone nosily listened to see who it was. "Who invited you?"

The group perked at Jenna's accusatory tone, mainly Kalliope. She moved out from up Damon's embrace, padding towards the ginger with caution and concern. The Genie laid a protective hand on Jenna, narrowing her eyes at an unfamiliar face smiling smug at the two. "Who are you, Sir?"

"John," Damon spat like a curse word, his face screwed up in disdain as he stood behind Kalliope. So his name was John and Jenna didn't like him. "Surprise. Leave."

"When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party for Elijah. I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games."

"That wasn't an invitation," Jenna chewed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Alaric walked closer to the crowd now surrounding the door, shaking his head in disagreement. "There are not going to be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party."

Damon smirked that surly, charismatic grin. "What he said."

Something about his words didn't make Kalliope believe him anymore than she already did not. Damon was definitely hiding something from her and although she was starting to grow upset by it. She had been gone for over a century. Trust and open communication that they once had was sure to wane over time.