CHAPTER TEN: "YOUR HUMBLE HOSTESS"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Ten | Your Humble Hostess

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒Chapter Ten | Your Humble Hostess

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

KALLIOPE HAD A COMPLICATED LOVE, HATE WITH THE CLOTHES OF THE 21ST CENTURY. Some were far too short on her, already, short frame. Stopping at the tops of her thighs was a no go for her. But then, there were tasteful, frilly dresses in a range of patterns that made her eyes dilate.

Silk blouses and trousers were easily at her disposal, whereas in the eighteen hundreds, such fabrics and concepts were harder to come by.

She shimmed on a pair of jeans as she turned to and fro in the mirror. Finding the fabric hugging every curve and dip on her body. Truth be told, Kalliope felt self-conscious in them. Dresses certainly hid more than pants could never. Her bottom lip was tucked beneath her teeth, indecisively.

"What's going on in there. Need help working the zipper?" Damon's voice called out from the other side of the curtain stall.

As soon as they made arrangements to host a dinner party, he swept her away to find some "decent" clothes, as he put it. Kalliope wasn't too sure about this dinner either. She hadn't seen Elijah in a long time and their last encounter wasn't on stable terms.

"No, but are pants supposed to look this way?" This question prompted Damon to push the curtain aside. He shut himself in, letting his crystal blue eyes drop to her legs.

He pursed his lips with a nod. "Yeah, that looks right to me. What about that dress over there," He tipped his chin to the sunflower sundress, knowing she'd like that more.

Kalliope parted her lips in a small 'O', like she just realized he handed it to her. "Okay, I'll try that. Shoo," She gestured with her hands, smiling widely as he took his sweet time to leave.

"Hurry up too. We've been here for over an hour. I've got things to do, people to kill." Damon wiggled his eyebrows as Kalliope pushed him through the curtain, exhaling in exasperation.

She confirmed with herself that this Damon was extremely different from the one she married. Same core characteristics, but much more extra nonsense. Rolling her eyes, she snapped her fingers and suddenly replaced the jeans with the sundress.

It adorned her body in all the right places. She felt delicate yet, important. Which meant she was definitely gettting this.

Damon whistled, occupying his time like a child would as he leant against the wall beside her changing room. "So, what was that back there? You know Elijah, huh?"