CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: "CLEVER CLEVER GIRL"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Seventeen | Clever, Clever Girl

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒Chapter Seventeen | Clever, Clever Girl

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

KALLIOPE STOOD ON THE LAST STOOP of stairs as Stefan hung up his phone. His brow pushed back in that brooding, stressed state she longed to iron out once and for all. Although, that was a wish of the impossible. She'd doubt anyone would waste such a hefty gift for something as selfless as that. At least she tried in eighteen sixty-four, and even that had its repercussions.

Her neutral expression stiffened as soon as a dark, sarcastic stranger in the body of her ex-husband rounded the corner. His vampiric hearing instantly picking up on the urgent conversation. It was probably seven in the morning and Damon already had a glass of bourbon in his hand like it would be his last sip of the day.

His crystal blue eyes briefly passed over her. As if the very sight of her was unbearable. Maybe she was a reminder of his wrong doings, or his guilt. And that single concept allowed her another breath of air. She wouldn't be suffocated by her anger for the next hour at the least.

"Flore," He muttered in greeting.

Kalliope tightened her grasp on the cobble of the stair railing, lips down turning in a displeased blight. She didn't respond, only stared blankly and that spoke volumes.

"Um, Isobel just showed up at their doorstep," Stefan relayed, trying to break up the tension with some issues of his own. His phone nearly crumbling under his tight fist.

"What's she doing here?" Damon sighed in exasperation. Like he needed another issue to arise.

Stefan walked towards the front door, thinking twice before grabbing his keys on the way. "I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out."

"Mind if I join you? Surely Jenna isn't taking this well." Kalliope thought of the spitfire ginger. Her stomach sinking at the possibility danger she could be in. Especially, being Alaric's new love in the presence of his vampire ex-wife. Such drama could only combust in a matter of seconds, and she wanted to be there to protect her maste- her friend.

"I actually don't think that's -" Stefan started, worried for her safety but Kalli's ponytail swished with her firm head shake.

"I can take care of myself. I can't necessarily die anyway." She wasn't going to budge. This was important to her, not to mention she wanted to be away from Damon for the time being... and of course, their new house guest.

Speaking of which, Katherine crawled out of her room in a stolen robe of Kalliope's. Curly hair laying perfectly imperfect on her shoulders as she leaned against the banister. "I don't think that you should tell her I'm here."

Stefan arched a brow, "What? Why?"

"It's better if she and John does not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb."