CHAPTER THREE: "THE GIFT OF AMENDS"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Three | The Gift of Amends

EIGHTEEN SIXTY FOUR

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE PRECIOUS SOUND OF GIGGLES FLUTTERED THROUGH the early morning as passionate kisses were litered upon the fair skin of one, Kalliope Salvatore. She relished in the butterfly sensation, sighing in bliss as the sheets ruffled against her bare skin.

She took pleasure in running her hands through the raven locks of her beloved. A wide smile adorned her rosy cheeks, something Damon couldn't and wouldn't dare wipe from his mind.

The fresh light from the new day peeked through the cloth curtains, casting Kalliope in a incandesant glow. She was breathtaking. A sight nothing in the world could replace.

"How are you fairing this morning my dearest wife?" Damon cuddled closer to her embrace, mouthing a path up to her ear.

Kalliope wiggled around. The babyhairs framing her face wild from sleep. She laid her head back against the feather down pillow, glancing up at him through her lengthy lashes. "I've never been better, my Lord."

Damon hummed in delight, leaning back to caress her brow to her temple. "Hm, my Lord. I quite like that."

"I had a feeling you would," She lightly rolled her eyes, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth. Damon couldn't resist indulging in her affection, capturing her plush lips with his own, sighing in content. Curling her hand around the nape of his neck, she deepened the kiss, tongue mingling with his own.

His hands roamed the contours of her supple flesh. From the sides of her chest smoothing down the length of her thighs. Kalliope practically quivered under his touch, hugging his strong body to her with a devoted fierceness.

The couple had been in married bliss for three months now and the joy hadn't warn off yet. Their love was beautifully abundant. Unbriddled with envy or selfishness. It was an unconditional surrender. An honesty many could not afford these days.

Giuseppe was not happy with the turn out of their forbidden love. Kalliope was promised to Stefan, even if she was three years his senior. The patriarch of the house wanted the very best for his son, never mind his eldest. Damon was supposed to get the scraps, contrary to traditional house governing.

The man threatened to beat Damon black and blue, but the announcement was already open to the public. There was to be a wedding in Mystic Falls and Giuseppe would just have to deal with it.