CHAPTER TWO: "TIDES OF CHANGE"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Two | The Tides of Change

PRESENT TIME

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE DISTRUBTION OF NOISE SOUNDED THROUGHOUT the room as Alaric and Jenna rifled through the attic of the Lockwood's estate. There were crates and crates of old magical trinkets hiding away in here. Some from centuries ago, procured from trade and rare findings.

They were specifically looking for some thing useful while the founders party went on downstairs. It was the perfect time. When everyone was distracted with drinks and mingling to notice two normal people seeking up stairs for some supernatural snooping.

Dust fluttered around their searching hands, lifting from the boxes and clouding their sight. Alaric moved another useless box away, glancing to his girlfriend to see how she was doing.

"Anything yet?" He called with little hope.

Her ginger curls shook as she furrowed her brows in concentration. "Nothing interesting. What are we supposed to be looking for again?"

Alaric frowned, running a ring clad hand through his hair. "A magical relic of some kind. Anything that looks mystical. We need all the help we can get, especially with John milling about like a damn parasite from hell."

Jenna snorted at his joke, agreeing with him for many reasons she didn't want to bring back up. She stumbled upon a leather bound chest, which was caked in layers of grey clouds. She cringed as she dared to swipe at it. It seemed the metal latch had recently been opened, making it easy to lift the top.

It creaked loudly with her jerky movements, causing her to abruptly cough and hack at the debris.

She waved her hand about, shaking her head. "This room is ridiculous. I'm going to need a hot shower and an entire bottle of the strong stuff when this is all said and done."

"I'll personally buy you the bottle myself as long as you split it."

They shared a knowing glance over their shoulders before turning to get badly to work. All this, in the effort to save her niece. In actuality, she would do it ten times over if it meant Elena could live to see another day.

When Jenna was suddenly involved in the supernatural schemes of her town. She thought everyone was insane. However, the longer she spent searching, plotting, and fighting, she quickly came to realize this would be her life now. An incredibly defenseless human, taking on the great big world one day at a time.