CHAPTER SEVEN: "SHE'S TICKLED PINK"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Seven | She's Tickled Pink

PRESENT TIME

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

KALLIOPE WALKED INTO THE HALLWAY, AND PEEKED AROUND the stairway wall that blocked her sight from the front door. She could hear them, Elena and this 21st century Stefan, faintly talking. However, she couldn't make out exactly what they were saying.

After waiting for a good thirty seconds, she grew impatient and wanted to check and see who it was. All she caught was the near end of their conversation and the sound of the males voice seemed familiar.

"- couldn't come, he's messing around at the grill."

"Hello," Kalliope spoke first as she rounded the corner; however, a gasp slipped past her lips as she regarded the mysterious man at the door. "Stefan?"

The young Salvatore turned with furrowed brows, not expecting to see one of his oldest friends. His lips parted in shock, eyes widening in astonishment. This was Kalliope, his Kalliope. She looked exactly the same, like she hadn't aged a day. The same rounded face with an adorable cleft chin. Those warm cocoa brown orbs staring back at him.

He felt like the wind was knocked right out of him. Stefan was free falling and drowning at the same time. "Kalli?"

A squeal left her mouth as she rushed to the young Salvatore. Her arms opened wide into an embrace that Stefan immediately accepted. She fell against his chest, breathing in his familiar scent like it was her last time. "Oh my goodness! I thought you were dead. I saw you die, you idiot!"

Tightening his grip around her waist, he exhaled in the form of a shudder over top of her curly brown head. It had been so long, too long. "I thought you were too," He said in a ghost of a whisper.

Backing away from the hug, she clasped both hands on either side of his face. Her doe eyes scrutinized every facet of his handsome face, causing his lips to pucker at her tight grip. "You don't look a day of seventeen! Oh, dear," It was then it finally clicked what he had become.

Her mind raced with possibilities of how this could've happen, then she frown. "Katherine turned you, didn't she?"

Stefan nodded, gently taking her hands off his face to hold between his own. There was so much he wanted to tell her. Of all he'd been through. Bloodshed, friendship, guilt - the entire century they'd been away. But there was no time for it right now.

"You two know each other?" Elena somehow reminded them she was, in fact, in the room. Her brows furrowed as she glanced warily between the old friends.