CHAPTER EIGHT: "THE KRYPTONITE TO MY SUPERMAN"

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒
Chapter Eight | The Kryptonite to My Superman

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒Chapter Eight | The Kryptonite to My Superman

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I THINK I'M GOING TO BE ILL," KALLIOPE MUMBLED with pursed lips as Stefan drove up to the infamous Mystic Grill. Even though he had rolled down the windows to let in some fresh air, Kalliope wasn't used to the speed in which the vehicle drove.

"We're here, Kalli." Stefan smirked at his greenish best friend in the rear view mirror, unlocking the car with a simple push of a button.

The Genie jumped at the clicking noise, sending them a sheepish smile after realizing what it was. Taking in a deep breath, she held her hand on the door handle and pushed appropriately. Kalliope was suddenly filled with apprehension.

What if he was drastically different? What if she was putting too many expectations on their first meeting in over a hundred years. She wanted it to be memorable. Were they even considered married anymore? Damon had died and their vows were, until death do they part.

What if he was already married to someone else!? Kalliope didn't know how she would be able to deal with that. She was understanding. It had been a long time. However, she thought about him off and on during her entire isolation. She could dream up any setting she wanted, but she mostly spent it in 1864 with her in his arms. Comforting her despite the challenges they faced.

Kalliope was short of breath. Some would say anxious, even. "Kalli?" Stefan turned in his seat, eyes softening when he spotted her hesitating hand on the car door.

"Is it strange that I'm nervous, Steffy?" Her voice was small and insecure. Doe eyes rounded with the burden of the unknown. It caused Stefan's heart to constrict.

"Not at all, just take it slow. Go at your own pace." He licked his bottom lip, meeting Elena's eyes before turning back to her with a wary resolve. "Listen, Damon isn't like how he was in 1864. He's... different."

She nodded, "I figured as much. As have you, changed - I mean."

"Yeah... Just - be patient with him. Maybe you'll change things around here for the better." Smiling softly towards his friend, he tipped his chin to the car door. Kalliope swallowed shallowly before building up the courage to open it.

The door cracked open and she proped it with her foot, standing with the flutter of butterflies in her stomach. Padding towards the driver side of the car, she leaned down into the window with a friendly quirk of her rosy lips.

"Do enjoy your trip and be careful! It was nice meeting you Elena," She waved politely, getting a gentle smile back.

"You too," Was all she supplied, watching as the Genie entered the grill with determined steps. What was good above all else, Elena knew Kalliope was a nice woman.