Ch.8: Prisoners Of War

Thank you guys so much for all of your supportive comments in the last chapter! It really made my day to see that you guys are enjoying this series!

I lava chu guyz <3

<Jason>

The cats hissed at our three armies as they slowly pushed us closer to the squid's base.

"I have a feeling someone is making them do this." Ian mumbled next to me, his sword held up in defense.

All of us had many scratches on our arms, legs, chests and faces, my orange visor almost impossible to see through.

A dark chuckle rang through the trees as the base doors opened wide, the cats forcing us inside.

I gulped as the doors shut in front of us, blocking out the cats, and king squid walked in front of the doors.

"Welcome back. It seems as though you brought us some gifts. Dra! Get rid of the cats!" The squid ordered.

"As you wish my king." A girl nodded from behind our three armies.

"She was controlling them?!" I hissed under my breath to Ian and Quentin, who stood on either side of me.

The king smirked. "Oh yes, General Jason. Forgot to mention we have a few of your lovely recruits on our side once again."

My hands balled into fists at my side as Quentin growled, "What do you want, squid?"

"I already have what I want. You three armies just trespassed on our land though, and I assume that you generals know what that means."

Ian swallowed uneasily next to me. "We do."

The king smiled insanely. "So you know what you three are now, correct?"

I froze, the pieces slowly fitting together in my mind. "No..."

The king nodded slowly. "Prisoners of war."

Suddenly, a brigade of squids burst into the room and wrapped their tenticals around any recruit they could grab, a few trying to grab at us.

The king stood watching in amusement as slowly, the number of recruits in the room decreased until it was just Ian, Quentin and me.

Six squids walked up to us and wrapped their tenticals tightly around our arms and legs, holding us in place as we struggled.

"Put them with the others. As for their recruits, get rid of all but one from each army. Send the survivors to the other army camps to warn the generals that we are now at war with them." the king ordered, it's eyes on Dra as she stood behind us.

She nodded once and left the room, the six squids dragging us away to the dungeons.

They unlocked a cell and tossed us inside carelessly, slamming the door behind us and slithering off.

"Great job Ian, you got our recruits killed!" I snarled.

Ian scoffed. "Me? You brought up the idea to attack."

"Both of you idiots shut up before I slap you both." Quentin growled, shutting us both up.

He sighed and leaned against the far wall, sliding down it into a sitting position.

"We should've listened to Ty..."

I huffed and nodded, sitting by the bars.

"General Jason? General Quentin? General Ian? Are you really here?" A voice asked from across the hall.

I peered through the bars at the cell in front of ours and froze.

The other recruits, well, a few of them, sat cooped up there, looking scrawnier than before.

"Recruits? How did you get here?" Ian asked, worry lacing his tone.

The one who sat by the bars, the only one seemingly awake, sighed.

"One of our friends betrayed us, sir. She used an allusion on us and led us right into the squid's tenticals."

"Was she a recruit?" Quentin asked.

The girl nodded "A sorcerer from General Seto's army, sir. Her name is Hydrangea, but the squids call her Hydra now. We assume she was turned back when we were first brought here."

I nodded slowly. "Who all is in there with you? And what's your name?"

"I am Sarah from General Mitch's army. There's Molly from the Bacs, Hope from the sorcerers, and Bella from the Dead, sir. The others that used to be with us were turned." she reported.

"Who was turned?"

"Parker of the Bacs, Crystal Galaxies and Tinarris of the Dead, Hystra and Arella of Sky Army, Alexandra of the sorcerers, Aaliyah of the Benjas, Kit, Z and Alisa from the doods, Pearl from the Mudkips, and Rosalie from the Stars..."

All three of us cringed at the mention of the large number.

"There's one more recruit missing from the dead army, Ty told me..." Ian muttered.

"May Solarfrost is her name, and my, what an excellent asset does she make to our side." a voice chuckled as a girl walked into our view.

Sarah narrowed her eyes and shook the girl closest to her awake.

The girl groaned and opened her eyes, gasping slightly at the sight of the girl outside their cell and rushing to wake the others.

"Hydra." Sarah spat, her eyes narrowed in hatred.