Ch.4: Angry Yet Broken Generals

<Ty>

"The stupid squids need to pay for what they've done."

"I bet they're the reason some recruits have gone missing AGAIN!"

"They're responsible for Sky's death, it's only fair to return the favor."

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" I roared over the angry shouting.

The room fell silent, a soft ringing left in my ears.

"Thank you. Please take a seat so we can get started." I grumbled, sitting in my assigned seat.

The other generals sat in their seats around the table and silently stared at me in expectation.

"So. We all agree that the squids have gone too far this time-"

"They deserve to go extinct!"

I pursed my lips. "Thank you Quentin for interrupting. I get that we're all mad, but our recruits are still recovering emotionally. They aren't ready for a war. Especially against the squids."

"What about those that went missing? Are we just abandoning them?!" Ian exclaimed.

"I would never abandon a recruit. I'm just saying we aren't ready to rescue them, let alone start a war."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Seto asked calmly.

"Give our recruits a few weeks, a month at most to recover. Then we'll plan an attack."

"This is absurd. They could be dead right now!" Jason growled.

I held my hand up. "I understand. There's just no way we could help in our current situation."

"I agree with Ty on this one guys. Mitch and Jerome are still recovering emotionally and physically from their experience. We're in no position to fight." Seto spoke.

Mitch silently nodded. "I-It's true."

"So that's it? Ty we have three perfectly eligible armies ready to fight when needed!"

"If we want to succeed, Jason, we need to work together. The squids easily took us all down when we were on our own."

"But that's three armies against one!" Quentin protested.

"Guys stop! We're not going to war and that's final!" Jerome growled, jumping to his feet.

"Jerome, calm down. We'll meet again in two weeks to discuss this again, got it?" I instructed.

"Who put you in charge again, Ty?" Ian grumbled.

"He was the second best to lead." Seto muttered, standing and walking out of the meeting room.

Ian, Jason, and Quentin glared at me as the walked past.

Jerome helped Mitch stand and they soon followed them out the door.

"Hey T-Ty."

"Yeah Mitch?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Thank you. I know they're frustrated, but they didn't go through what we did."

I nodded. "Yeah. They just don't understand."

He smiled slightly as Jerome helped him leave.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, leaning back into the chair.

"Sir? Are you okay?"

I straightened and turned to the voice at the door, smiling slightly when I saw Pink.

"Yeah, just stressed." I mumbled, standing and walking out the door.

Pink closed it behind me and followed.

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

I shook my head. "No thank you Pink. Actually, tell the recruits they can go to their quarters. I'm off to bed."

"But sir, it's six at night."

"I'm aware, Pink." I grumbled, walking into my bedroom.

She sighed and nodded. "Yes sir."