Ch.13: No!

First off I'd like to give a major shout out to the lovely people who drew the above (or side) fan art for Bring Him Back. ScruDonka and fangirler816 thank you both so much for your amazing art work!

I really appreciate you guys making these! They are truly magnificent!!!

<Bella>

My feet slowly led me forward, eyes trained on the cells.

"General Sky? Are you here?" My voice echoed off the damp walls, filling the eerily silent air.

No answer replied to my call, making chills crawl up my spine.

Please be okay, please be okay.

Slowly, we approached the source of the smell of blood.

Just from where I was, I could see blood splattered all across the floor and walls.

I swallowed uneasily as I made my way to the cell door.

There, behind the cell door, laid my general.

"Is he asleep?" Ian whispered, joining me at the door.

Bitting my lip, I slowly shook my head.

It couldn't have been sleep, no matter how relaxed he looked. His arms lay loosely at his sides, legs spread lazily in front of him, and his head slumped gently onto his chest. His whole stature was relaxed and still, the fight long gone from his muscles.

But it was in the grey pallor of his skin, if not the blood.

It was everywhere, staining him as it once did when it had oozed sluggishly from the visible cuts marring his skin. It matted his hair into a mess, and changed the color of his clothing to several shades darker. The cuts were worse, though, because they were still deep and painful. They sunk deeply into him, black wounds that still allowed a drop of blood to slide free occasionally.

But his chest didn't rise and fall, and his head didn't look up when I entered. He sat still in the darkness, forever staring at nothing, and it didn't matter.

He didn't care, and he didn't know, because he was dead.

A sob escaped my mouth as I slowly sank to my knees, blood soaking my shorts.

The greatest general in Minecraftia, laid dead before us.

"Bella?"

I shook my head and looked down. "I'm fine, Jason. I'm fine."

"Let's find the others and tell them the bad news." Quentin muttered, adjusting Hydra on his shoulder.

I bit my lip to keep it from quivering and nodded, standing.

"We should take him back. Give him a proper burial, you know?"

Ian nodded in agreement with my suggestion and slowly walked over to the general's mutilated body.

"Let's go," Jason sighed, turning his back to where the general once laid and leaving the cell.

Ian, Quentin and I followed closely behind, trudging our way to the meeting area.

How would the others react?

A/N

A quick thanks as well to Falloutfandoms for writing the part where it describes Sky's dead body. I really appreciate your help!