Ch.9: Illusions

<Molly>

I glared at Hydra as I slowly sat back down next to Sarah, distrust clear in my eyes.

She smirked and waved mockingly at us before turning to the generals, snapping her fingers.

All three generals' eyes glazed over and they frowned, looking around their cell as if they were suddenly somewhere else.

"What'd you do to them?!" Sarah snarled, jumping to her feet.

"Relax, it's just a harmless illusion to keep them busy."

Suddenly, Jason let out a whimper and pressed himself against the wall as best he could.

"N-No, Sk-Sky? Sk-Sky is th-that you?" He stuttered, Ian and Quentin slowly moving next to him.

"What are they seeing?! Hydra stop!" I commanded, watching the generals with worry.

Hydra smirked at me. "You're not my king, therefore I do not take orders from you."

Suddenly, Hydra wasn't in front of me and I was no longer in a cell.

Jason, Ian, Quentin and I were all sitting in an arena, King Squid sitting on a throne above us.

"Molly? How'd you get here?" Jason questioned.

I shook my head. "Not sure. What's going on?"

"Sky's here. And he's pissed as nether." Ian informed me, tightening his fists at his side.

"He's here?" I asked, looking around the big arena.

Quentin nodded. "He was turned."

I swallowed uneasily. "Oh..."

<Hope>

Molly suddenly tensed up, her eyes going glossy.

Hydra smiled and clapped her hands together. "There, now that they're out of the way..." She trailed off, her eyes locking with mine.

I gulped and moved to the back of the cell, the others around me staring blankly with glossy eyes like Molly.

"Wha-What do you w-want?" I stuttered.

Hydra smirked maliciously as she stepped into the cell, locking the door behind her and striding over to me.

She placed a knife under my chin and smiled devilishly. "My king thinks you'd make an excellent addition to his side. Especially with your abilities."

I swallowed uneasily, mentally cursing myself for not remembering my magic.

Seemingly knowing what I had planned, Hydra roughly grabbed one of my wrists and clamped a bracelet on it.

"Now now, Hope. Don't be holding onto a false hope. There's no escape unless my king says so." Hydra smirked.

I whimpered, whispering a spell under my breath anyways.

A wave of electricity shot through me, causing me to yelp.

"C'mon, Hope. It's not that bad serving my king."

I scoffed, glaring at Hydra. "I used to be in your shoes, mindlessly obeying the king without a care in the world as to what I was doing. Looking back, all I see is myself heartlessly hurting my general for no legit reason at all."

Hydra rolled her eyes. "You had a reason, Hope. To make your king happy."

"He's not my king and Notch darn it it's not yours either!" I snapped.

Hydra pushed the knife into my skin, drawing a small amount of blood. "Watch your mouth, Hope. My patience is wearing thin."

I tugged at the bracelet on my wrist the best I could, trying to pry it off with no success.

"Listen Hydrangea. Whatever those squids have done to you is not who you are. Get that through your thick skull and realize who your true enemies are. Look at the girls around you, even the generals. We've all been here for you, the king has not. General Seto dedicated thousands of hours to helping us train, don't tell me you're putting that all to waste for a stupid syringe."

Hydra slowly pulled her knife away, something changing in her eyes.

"I-I never thought of it like that..." She murmured.

"And why do you think that is?"

Suddenly, her gaze hardened as she slammed me against the wall. "Because I'm not a gullible idiot like you think I am."

I glared at her but didn't struggle against her.

She was too far gone to negotiate with, which meant I was about to join her in zombie land.