Ch. 7: Changed Friends

SORREH FOR NOT HAVING AN UPDATE YESTERDAY LIKE I PROMISED!

<Bella>

I groaned as I slowly stirred, sitting up from my cramped position on the ground.

"Guys wake up. Someone's coming." Molly whispered from the bars.

She was on guard last night, just to make sure no one came while we were asleep.

The small cell filled with groans as the girls around me sat up.

Soon, the footsteps rang in my ears and a figure appeared in front of our cell.

Arella. A traitor.

"Hey old friends, long time no see!" She cheered sarcastically.

"Go away, Arella. No one trusts you anymore." Sarah spat.

Arella simply rolled her eyes and smirked.

"You guys don't know what you're missing. It's awesome out here."

"You have no free will out there!" I growled.

"It's such a small price to pay for freedom." Another person sneered, walking into view.

Hydra.

I gulped slightly and stared.

She smirked at Arella. "Should we show then their old friends?"

Arella nodded. "I think we shall."

My eyes widened as I watched the others walk in front of the bars.

Parker, Pearl, Z, CG, Hystra, Alexandra, Tinarris, Aaliyah, Kit, Alisa, and Rosalie all stood there, their appearances different.

I stared at them in shock, fearing what the squids would do to us.

Parker's appearance hadn't changed much at all, her hair was now a more blue shade and her black combat suit had a squid head on the back of it.

Pearl looked almost completely different, her blond hair had turned a deep sea blue complemented with blond highlights, her white blazer changing blue and her pants and shoes, black. One of her eyes, the final change, were a deep blue.

Next down the line was Alisa.

Her black shirt and shoes had turned to blue, as well as her once light purple eyes. Finally, the highlights in her hair had turned a deep blue.

Rosalie was next, her hands shoved into her blue leather jacket which covered a white t-shirt underneath. She wore a pair of comfy looking jeans and black boots. Her eyes were blue as well.

Crystal Galaxies, or CG as she was so often called by us, changed as well.

Her blueish purple hair had darkened to black, her left eye changing to a royal blue as the right one stayed hidden by a blue eyepatch.

Her once grey coat was now a royal blue color, covering a grey shirt over her black pants.

Z stood a little off to the side from everyone else, narrowing her silvery blue eyes at us.

The scarf she once wore around her mouth was now pulled down, revealing a large scar.

Next I forced myself to glance at Hystra, not looking forward to seeing what the once loyal recruit had become.

As opposed to the blue theme that seemed to be going on with the others, Hystra's eyes and horns had turned into a deep crimson color, her clothes ripped in various areas and her skin had blue splotches, eight long tenticals hanging from her back limply.

She glared at me, her arms crossed as she flipped her black hair with blue tips out of her face.

Alexandra shifted in the corner of my vision and I turned to her.

She appeared to match the blue theme almost perfectly with her blue hair, aquamarine eyes, a blue jacket, dark blue jeans and light blue flats. The only thing that wasn't blue was her green undershirt.

Next to her was Tinarris, for once not wearing much blue.

Her clothing had ripped in certain areas, some it's color fading to a blueish white. Her hair turned to a bleached white and two, large tenticals sprouted from her back.

Aaliyah, who stood behind Arella, had long blue hair, the tips a lighter color. Her hoodie had become a black and blue checkered design and a squid necklace was clasped around her neck.

Squid tenticals also hung lazily from her back as she adjusted her blue sunglasses over her blue eyes.

I gulped as my attention turned to the last person; Kit.

Nothing had changed other than the blue splotches scattered all over her skin.

I whimpered in fear as Hydra chuckled.

"Any of you want to join them?"

"Never." I growled, standing.

"You dare defy our king?" Hystra spat.

Molly stood by me and shook her head. "None of you are acting on your own free will. Why would we give up ours when our generals allow us to have it and give us what the squids provide you?"

Tinarris scoffed. "Your generals are weak."

"Pathetic generals can't lead as well as a king." Kit added.

"Sky, Deadlox, Mitch, Jerome, Quentin, Seto, Jason, and Ian gave us everything we needed and more. Sky would've given his life for us." Sarah stood as well.

"He showed weakness and died because of it." Arella sneered.

"Our king has taught us to fight for ourselves, the generals are too weak to do that." Parker added.

I rolled my eyes. "The generals taught us teamwork. Working together can accomplish more than fighting alone."

Pearl shook her head, laughing under we breath. "It's like they brainwashed you."

"Brainwashed us? Look who's talking!" Hope exclaimed, jumping to her feet.

"Let's go guys. Our king calls." Hydra glared before turning on her heels and walking off, the others following.

"Notch, I can't believe I used to act like that." Molly mumbled.

Sarah nodded as we all sat back down. "Agreed."