22 ✧ caregiver

"Family of two...plus one."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Kids were never a for sure thing in Kakashi's way of life. At the rate he was going he was probably lucky he was still alive. Going through his life day by day. He knew that he really didn't want kids nor did he feel the need to interact with them. That's why he couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that he was currently letting a small, blond child intertwine their small fingers with his own longer ones. Now, he wasn't doing this because he didn't want to destroy the younger boy's confidence by rejecting the action. No, he was very much making a disgusted face behind his mask when the boy hesitantly reached out to him but he made the mistake at glancing very quickly at (y/n), who gave him a glare that made him internally question if he was ready to die. Which was a fifty fifty sort of thing. He couldn't quite decide.

With a small twitch in his eye, Kakashi begrudgingly let the boy grab onto his hand. Though no matter how much he grumbled under his breath about how much he hated this. He couldn't deny the way a sudden warmth bloomed beneath his chest and the way his own calloused hand firmly squeezed Naruto's smaller hand. The warmth undeniably spread underneath his mask barely peeking out from the top of it when Naruto grabbed onto (y/n)'s own hand as well. The thought that they looked like a young family was enough for him to get it together and get his head out of the brief fantasy and pull his hand complete away from Naruto's own hand.

"Why'd you let go?" Naruto whined with a pout on his face. The pouting only highlighting his chubby whiskered cheeks along with his bright, blue eyes that held a saddened gleam in them.

"You don't know me," Kakashi narrowed his only visible eye in slight frustration, whether directed towards the boy or himself, he couldn't decide. "You shouldn't be holding hands with a stranger or any strangers you come across." The silver-haired male turned his attention away from the still pouting boy to look at the (h/c)-haired female, who happened to let an amused snort while simultaneously giving the male a patronizing look.

"You really think we are going believe what you just said about being a stranger?" (Y/n) actually asked while arching a single eyebrow. The disbelief in her words were clear enough to hear. "I don't know how many times I've run into you while being with Naruto. If anything it's rather strange that we keep meeting up."

"Yeah!" Naruto exclaimed, a single finger pointed up at the older male by the hand that was previously held by Kakashi. His other hand still encased by his guardian, (y/n). Didn't anyone teach him that it was rude to point?

"It's not my fault that you keep stalking me," Kakashi had the audacity to accuse the family of two. Though his words mostly being directed at the female, who was currently sporting a flabbergasted look with her (e/c) eyes wide open and mouth slight ajar. That was quite a look.

"Me stalking you, please." (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the statement. Yes, she wasn't blind and knew that Kakashi was one of the most sought out bachelors but despite him being handsome. It didn't mean that she would dedicate her whole life and personal time to stalk him.

"What else would call this then?" Kakashi made a gesture with hand going back and forth between the two. Despite the accusative tone, (y/n) could see the way his eye held a gleam of playfulness.

(Y/n) merely shrugged her shoulders, "Perhaps you could be stalking me?" The female watching with a smile on her face as the male shook his head. Capturing the way his broad shoulders lightly shook with what she could suspect was faint amusement. He was holding in his laughter. It was cute.